2014 PSDM support and more needed

2014 Gem e4. She’s a runner. Looking for info on PSDM now. The lighting circuit 10a is not functioning. Yes there is a good fuse. Any easy fix to the issue that is not a hack job? Maybe a good used PSDM someone may what to part with?
New D&D motor, refurbished Delta Q and refurbished motor control…done.
I am in need of advice as to where to find tires, drivers side mirror and canvas door parts for the front seats. Other than that we have a complete unit from the basket case

What makes you think it is the PSDM?

Using the repair manual we tested it out and through the manual recommendation in the Troubleshooting methodology it says replace the PSDM.

Anyone have a spare PSDM n any condition? I would gladly take a stab at repairing one. Being mine runs and drives I would hate to pull my only semi working PSDM only to see my car sit until I finish the repair.

1 Like

There are not too many being passed around. People that have an extra like the idea of it as a spare. I could easily see the need for a few extras floating around as exchanges as someone smart dives into repairing these things.

As far as your problem goes, What else besides the lighting stuff is not working? Have you thought about jumping the power from the input side of the fuse to another?

This is what my 09 looks like inside. Your 14 may be way different.

I would even take a broken one

I think I saw that on your FB post. There was also a guy tacked on that said he had a couple. I sent him PM for the 2010 but he has yet to reply. (No worries- I’m not competing with you) I am working with another guy that needs one for a 2005.

If you do manage to swap your out and don’t want your old one LMK. I might be interested in having a poke at it.

My intention is to get one to repair while I still run my GEM on the original without the lighting working. Then once I have a fully functional one I will swap it and repair the other one for my second basket case.

is there a pic of the other side?

Heh. No. You don’t know how many times I have kicked myself for not doing that.

My head was doing multiple processing that day. I got into this tangent just to quiet down that dang reverse beeper(note a bit of foam stuffed in the hole). I had the case back together and walking back to the car for reinstall when I had the fleeting thought of taking a pic of the inside.

Yup - Back apart just for a pic.

OMG…LOL…wasn’t… that important to me. I know I will find one…just impatient. To those of us who find resources and have skills to fix its a no brainer. I would never throw this stuff out when it does not work. I like the challenge to fix it and fix it inexpensively. I will never pay full price for a “NEW” or slightly used part. This is my luxury to afford to say no to those prices. I don’t need it I want it. Want for me is cheap. Need is necessary… At this point want outweighs necessary… Ill run the lights direct off a battery first.

Hi
have this picture on 2 bad

Ha! No, meant that I did that to myself that day just to get that front side pic.

I just didn’t remember to get the back. I’ll do that next time I am in there. I didn’t even look to see if it was a multi layer board.

I’m surprised more has not surfaced on the PSDM. The wiring diagram just shows all the inputs entering a big empty box marked PSDM with a little bit of relationship to outputs.

it was recall problem with bolts on them
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM Recall for 2006 NEV GEM Auto Recalls - Justia Car & Truck Recalls

I will certainly check that. Mine is a 2104 and only lost the 10a lighting circuit……

I have a few PSDMs (used) along with a bunch of other stuff including Zivans, Delta Qs, old halfshafts,control arms, OEM motors etc (all used)…kind of a GEM salvage yard. I am located in Fort Pierce, Fl

I need the part # and year of PSDM units. I am attempting to to arrange affordable repair of these

devices. Please email me rodneyadiehl@aol.com

Rodney

UPDATE: Have required info.

I have a 2014 GEM e4 PSDM 4013700

PSDM REPAIRS. Polaris part # 0606-00436 2005 thru 2011 Polaris part# 4013700 2012 up…
FSIP is looking at adding servicing PSDM board repair to their line. If you need service call 800 333 1194 . Go to sales support. At this time this will be more of an administrative sales support item to take care. We will track the number of requests we get…once we reach the break point they will officially be added to the reman program.
Rodney
AKA: Old Houseboater