2014 Gem

By the way, you can test it without batteries. Only need B- and the fuse connected to >24vdc.
App will connect and LCD can be turned on.

It has a heartbeat! App connects beautifully to my google pixel c. Amazon is dumping a bunch of supplies at my house tomorrow, I should be able to get most of it mocked up then installed by the end of the week. Then on to balancing.

In the meantime, all my body work is coming out of paint. Going to be a long week.

Hey Dave, what gauge wire from B- do you recommend? I circled it in the picture. Box one is almost complete. Needs to be painted black though!

Depends on the load and length. 14 or 12 awg is a start. I generaly use 10, but only because i have a good supply.
Charger only correct?
Do you know that batteries are awaiting pick up?

I sent a picture of your box to manufacturer. Found out that they make one.
HTB1i9_5ayzxK1RkSnaV760n9VXa8

Boy that would have made my life easier! Box is in the paint shop…my freezing garage.

Wire in question is from B- on the board to negative on battery one.

Yes, that wire carries whatever load is connected to C-. In your case charge current.

Got it. What do you think? This box will be remote from the main bms unit under the dash.

You have too much time on your hands. :slight_smile:Very nice.

I could have routed the other switch wires through the rj if I knew you wanted it.
Two unused wires. Good idea!
I may do that going forward.

I’m one step ahead of you…that’s tomorrow’s project. I figured if the bms ever shut off for whatever reason I didn’t want to have to take my dash apart to restart it.

I believe it will restart from the lcd switch, but why not wire the other.
I sent pictures again. No reason they couldn’t build them this way. Worth another $50 to be plug and play.

ps
Only one wire needed. I think one is B-.

Great I’ll do some testing and let you know. With the layout of the 2002 I had to have my display remote. My friends 2014 everything will fit under the rear seat so I made the box all in one. If he wants to check the cells, just lift the seat.

Depending how his dash display works with the higher voltage, I may have to add a small digital meter somewhere for him somewhere.

No luck running the momentary switch through the cat6. Unless you can diagnose…

Main power for bms will turn on, no function of the lcd screen.

False alarm, needed up up the power supply to 25v and it went on!

This may make it easier for some. I’ll get a couple and build value added kits.

For those wanting 25s monitor only, hint hint, I can supply with no lcd and numbered wires. 27 wires marked B1, 1, 2, 3, etc. Ending with 2 B+ wires.
Bluetooth app to monitor voltage.

Of course, if I add the lcd, I won’t need to wire a switch. Need to think on it.

Is there anything you need to edit if I make this public?

ps.
Still waiting for your trucker…

I just inquired about the freight, give me a minute to hear back.

Can we edit this string? My friends company info is on it and I dont think he would like that.

Yes, click on the pencil.
No big deal. Lots of good info on here.

Truck is here to pick up battery. Driver is concerned that it’s hazmat.
My brother told them to ask the shipper.
So they may call.
I have stickers if needed.
Don’t know if they will take it or not.

They did not take it as BOL said batteries. They will be back through tomorrow if it gets fixed.
UN9 I believe is the correct product.

I was told they will pick it up tomorrow. They had to hire a different carrier because of the lithium. Sorry for
The slow reply, my friends company is using one of their carriers.