2014 Gem

Output of my zivan, Any reason why I could t use this? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Why I ask is if the BMS is handling charge,
I would think it would be fine.

maybe . sometimes if they are programmed for lead they will time out on lithium . i have never tried the zivan on lithium . wont hurt to try . The other problem can be that if you discharge your pack down some lets say to 88v and plug it in , the zivan probably wont start until voltage gets lower . On my newer Deltaq it is still in lead mode but charges my lithium pack to 85.3v everytime no problem

I would never switch a T-4 controlled car to a T_2
You would be asking for so much trouble. I would hate to think of all that would have to be overcome to make it work properly

Yes, run the charge through the bms.
I have a 300a bms, but it nuisance trips on hills or heavy load.
I suggest just getting the 70a version to control charge only.

Iā€™m currently running a T2, the other three cars are T2ā€™s with one being a T5, hoping to confirm all this tomorrow.

We live on Long Island, all flat and speed is a must to get around safely. I came into a bunch of T2ā€™s so my thought wasā€¦can we get more speed out of a T2 than a T5 with a magnet? Answerā€¦not worth the effort.

With new or newer-ish cells charge only makes sense.

Morning Dave, happy new year!

What charger would you send? I donā€™t think I want to try my zivan.

The 2014 has a delta q, I checked a few of your old posts and it doesnā€™t look like his can be programmed (no dot on the tag).

Only the old DQCPxxx have the dot. Anything newer like the DQDxxx is ok.

I have new DQ chargers.

Ā·Ā·Ā·

Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 8:34 AM

To: barbjb@acegroup.cc

Subject: [Electric Forum] [PM] 2014 Gem

chris1
December 31
Morning Dave, happy new year!

What charger would you send? I donā€™t think I want to try my zivan.

The 2014 has a delta q, I checked a few of your old posts and it doesnā€™t look like his can be programmed (no dot on the tag).

Visit Message
or reply to this email to respond to grantwest, Inwo, kinghappy, chris1.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

It still needs a lithium profile correct? Ive read they are a nightmare to program.

No, easy if you have the profile. Itā€™s the profiles that are hard to get. I have #177 for 98.5 volts.

If you are doing more than one I can let you rent the programmer and chargers will not need to be removed.

Ā·Ā·Ā·

Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 9:02 AM

To: barbjb@acegroup.cc

Subject: [Electric Forum] [PM] 2014 Gem

chris1
December 31
It still needs a lithium profile correct? Ive read they are a nightmare to program.

Visit Message
or reply to this email to respond to grantwest, Inwo, kinghappy, chris1.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Sounds good. Im absolutely doing my car, so Ill set up payment with you in a few days. My friend and his brothers are still up in the air. Once he sees mine finished, Im sure he will jump in. I just want to make sure I have all the answers for him for he time being.

Ill take the 30 cells, 3-10packs, Ill reband them to 5s if that makes your life easier for you. Ill run 28s, keep two as spares.

Charger - Delta Q is going to be a nightmare to fit, any other suggestions?

BMS - Yours or should I just order from Ebay?

Am I missing anything?

This is how we set up charge only for an electric skateboard. Look right?

23d423034adc1822067d6b03ab6ddf9d51737a45_1_690x388

As long as you have lots of battery projects, think about getting a C10325 charger. Chargery.
It does it all. 1500w up to 25a. 100+ volts. All chemistry, plus power supply mode to power I-charger etc.

I connect to C- on bms as P- is not wired. You might want to try a 300a bms and run all power through it. At least for testing. Then you can monitor amps a kwh used.
Order from Ebay if not in a hurry.

10s are $$$ + $50 shipping.
I can only do better when shipped on a pallet.
The ones I have are out of a module where all tested over 70ah, so I left them in 10s and have not balanced them. No problem if using a bms to keep an eye on the first cycle.
Mike was able to reconfigure into 5s using the same hardware. He reports pita though.
Remind me to send extra end plates.

How much of a PITA? Looks pretty straight forward to me, am I missing something?

I mean using the same ss straps. Iā€™ve done it myself.
He offset the ribs and they came apart easy, but he reassembled with ribs aligned. Not the way I did it. He started a thread. Maybe he will have an update soon.

Ok that I can see, Iā€™m a concrete manufacturer so a banding machine or a strap tool for me is like a volt meter for you!

I donā€™t want to bother you anymore. Happy new year, Iā€™ll reach out in a couple days to set this up. Thanks for all the help!

I have not read all the posts. But I can recommend the Chargery battery charger because you donā€™t have to take the delta q out of the car . You simply plug in the Chargery and start charging. And when you come across a good delta Q you can pick it up or get a new one and have it programmed. Or if your battery profile or pack changes you donā€™t need a new delta q profile

Thats kind of the way Im leaning. Delta makes what Im guessing is a standoff kit for the front firewall, that charger weighs about 60lbs if I remember correctly, that thing will be bouncing around like crazy, not for me.

I use a power supply for charging an electric skateboards that I ride, they have onboard bms, so its set the voltage and walk away. Im thinking its about the same for the Chargery.

I have the C10325 in stock. $$$
Let me know what you can get the bms for, and I can sell for same. No warranty when I sell for cost. :slight_smile:
Not that any of the China stuff has in any case.
IMO the Chargery is not rugged enough for ā€œon-boardā€ use.

Donā€™t worry about ā€œbotheringā€ me. I live and breath this stuff. My daughter is helping me test batteries, so Iā€™m the boss today!

If I get bored, I may just build you 5 x 5s batteries from tested matched cells.
Michael just found a bad one in his 10s packs. I donā€™t need that!
Easier to ship too.