2012 GEM E2 will not move

I purchased the 2012 GEM from a lady on Thursday - She had a Gold Card Company install new sealed AGM batteries 12V 115 AH. They were full charged I test drove the vehicle and then drove it home about 3 miles all was good. Friday Morning after charging all night the vehicle will not move. All the lights, Indicators, Horn, Buzzers, wipers all work fine and the vehicle shows a full charge on batteries and verified with Volt meter. I get 72+ volts to the input of the controller. All fuses are good verified and tested. What do I check next?

Any codes on display?
Parking brake off?
Charger cord Unplugged?
Big click from main contactor when key on?
Mat stuck under pedal?
I’ll invite an expert.
Gems don’t have a charger for agm batteries.

Try this - slam the E brake down to the bottom hard. The switch might be maladjusted.

Your car is not equipped with a algorithm for AGM batteries but the flooded battery setting works very well. Your car was equipped with Gel batteries when new. You need to make sure the setting was set to flooded when the batteries were changed. If not your batteries will lose a significant part of their capacity in less than 6 months

Thank you found problem with parking brake

1 Like

I recently purchased a 2001 e825. I put new batteries in. I am getting a big click from the main contactor when the key is on. What do you recommend I do next?
hasslerjr

Give us history and more information.

found the issue with parking brake
working with supplier to resolve the AGM battery issue
Thanks

1 Like