2011 E6 regen Growl

Well the regen growl is still there with the new shaft. Next, the 2014 AMD 7hp motor.

Switched out the GE Motor to the AMD Motor. Smooth and quite. The GE Motor was quite going forward up to 33mph. The AMD Motor did 25 tops flat and 29mph downhill even with a MM.
4 miles and the AMD got hot. It’s done. Now it up for sale finally.

i have a couple of RFF.7.5 hp

rodneyadiehl@aol.com.

Thanks for the offer but I just had this GE 7Hp rebuilt. Now I need just the coupler to use it again.

Why wasn’t the coupling changed during rebuild? I’m interested in following that, I haven’t changed one on a fan motor,. .Please keep me informed. Also interested in the AMD for parts if 7hp RFF black

1 Like

The AMD 7hp Motor is now installed in my E6 permanently. I’m selling the e6 now.
Now to find the fan/coupler for the GE motor now that it’s rebuilt.

If push comes to shove I have standard couplings.

If the AMD motor only would do 25 Mph it sounds like it needs service.

The AMD brushes look brand new and seems very clean inside and out. I’m pulling the GE apart and will shoot a picture of the fan coupler. Maybe a new can be welded and tried on a lathe?
How much for a coupler?

When you change out couplings you have to know what your doing or it will shake like a dog shittin peach seeds. My success rate is about 2 out of 3. Would suggest a good motor shop.

The coupling/fan has to be pulled off the motor - the fan has to be pressed out of the coupling - the coupling has to be pressed into the fan - the fan/coupling has to be pressed STRAIGHT on the shaft.

You can get 19 spline coupling from Nev’s I believe. Bore is .965 W/19 spline if I remember right.

I need a $100 However I am not sure of the quality of the machining so I would rather suggest you buy a “store bought” unit.

Rodney