2010 e4 Emergency Brake and error code

I’ll get back to you Tuesday as I’m away and I have the switch with me. They are cheap so going to buy one if I can find while on the mainland.
I haven’t and won’t touch relays until we verify switch.
Thanks

Hello
I installed new brake switch and it’s working now so that’s done
Test drove and first had code 82 then code 81 and speedometer not working. Doesn’t feel like it’s hitting 25 mph in fast setting???

81 and 82 are speed sensor errors.
I’m surprised you are moving at all.
Check your magnet and sensor. Is magnet broken?
Check your sensor plug.
Power down your cart and check, reseat your controller plug.
if code still active then order up a new sensor and magnet.

ordering new sensor and magnet as everything else looks ok
Thanks!

Good morning
We got the cart running with no codes thanks to your help and now it’s registered and being driven on the streets as of this weekend. A new code 09 appeared and it wouldn’t go in reverse? Forward was ok but once code hit forward had issues too
Thanks for your previous help and hope you had a great weekend!
Steve

-09 usually is a problem with the drive select switch. The controller is getting mixed signals that is saying you want to go forward and backwards at the same time. Have you been doing any time travel?

What else has happened to the car lately? Does the switch feel like it still has the clicks?

Some say this has happened after washing the car and getting water in the switch. You could try giving it a couple puffs of air to clean it out.

If you have been getting any rain look for water in the controller plug.

Or the switch internals may be just sticky. Try flipping it back and forth (this one does not really make sense to me).

It most likely the switch is breaking down internally and best to replace it. Test it with a meter and try pulling off the top wire(I think that should be reverse) to see if the car will go again.

1 Like

The cart was clearly neglected by previous owner and we figured we would find other issues as we got it up and running
Yes lots of rain this weekend and i’ll check the plug and will order a new switch as it probably needs one

As for time travel not sure if rides on a UFO count? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks again!