2009 GEM E4 with turn signals reversed on steering column switch.

I have a 2009 GEM car with original batteries that now has the turn signals reversed on the steering column switch. This happened after a friend removed and then replaced the rear fenders so he could paint them. It appears the wiring to the batteries and then to the front can only go together one way.
Can anyone advise me what he could have done ??? He is not available.
Thanks new member paulw.

You must have the wires crossed at the rear harness. Switch the left and right signal wires.

OK I didn’t take it apart so is there any way you can make me understand what the harness looks like and which wires I should reverse? Can I access under the back seat or need to view under the cart? tks much for the comeback. paulw

Look at the backside of the lights. If they are like the ones on my 2013 then the wires plug into the back of the light assembly. You would just need to unplug the wires from the lights and swap the wires side to side.

Just turn the column over. like duh.

@JarJarJava
But then he would have to drive on the other side of the road!

@Paulw
Something that might help with diagnosing your issue would be to check front/back relationship.
Check if down on the stalk triggers Left light on the front and Right on the back?

Report back with your findings.

Or send the cart to Australia, then it would work perfect