2009 GEM Car starts and stops going about 4’

Thanks. My neighbor is an electrical engineer and I’m gonna have him come over and follow your excellent directions. What if things don’t check ou…what needs replacement.

Btw… I just ordered an OEM magnet, I suspect the China magnet might be wrong or a lemon. If it is… I’ve wasted 30 hours messing with this!

Thank you all for your help!

Making the tests is easier to say than do. Always difficult to access the wires.
By the way, if you haven’t re-seated the 23p connector. Always a good idea. Manual recommends cleaning & lubricating with silicon dielectric grease.

I would be more worried that it did check out! :slight_smile:

I had the same thing happen. Bottom line was my motor was bad. This was after replacing the sensor, magnets etc.

Thanks for the info. I’m going to see if it can be rebuilt.

Anyone have suggestions for testing the motor and where to send to rebuild?

My goal is to just get this GEM running and sell it. I have too many toys and not enough expertise to effectively work on it.

Anyone interested in buying a nice 2009 GEM with har doors in. Sry nice condition?

I’ll take it.
What color is it.
I have blue, black, green and a red E4 tomberlin. :slight_smile:
And more batteries than cars. :slight_smile:

White with black trim. I’ll get some pics and post later today. I am going to try a OEM magnet vs (the generic I bought on eBay). If that doesn’t fix it… the last poster suggested motor is bad as they had the same problem. Magnet should be in Monday but I’ll be out of town till Friday to install and test. I’ll be in touch.

Also … it’s a 2009, not 2007.

Has anyone ever had 7hp Ge motor rebuilt? If so …where?