2009 gem car battery/charging issue

I have a 2009 gem with interstate 31 batteries. Two are less than a year old and other 4 are less than 7 months old. Ran full 12-13 miles on a full charge for a month or two and now it runs 4-5 miles only dropping 2 bars and then all bars drop and it goes into turtle mode

Please please please help me all knowing group. Nothing has changed since it was working well not not running full distance…so I am at a total loss. My family loves riding around town in it but now I am too scared to go very far. I would appreciate any help.

May I suggest you post this in the GEM FORUM?

I have a 2001, not familiar with 2009. When you installed the new batteries did you confirm the charger algorithm was correct for the battery type?

Mrmac two thing we need to know . Which interstate batteries ? 31 series , deep cycle ? Gel ? Your charger needs to be set to the type of batteries you are running . If not it will damage the batteries if on the wrong setting . Turn off your main switch , plug in your charger and look at the yellow lights on the side . count the sequence . more than likely it will flash a * **** which is a 14 code . Pictures help a lot

Sorry about that. They are deep cycle srm 31. I am not sure how to count the sequence but the bottom yellow light flashes 11 times

Also…thr 4 front batteries which are the newer ones show 12.3 volts after I have driven it the 4 miles and it wants to go into turtle mode and battery charge flashes 1 red bar. The back 2 batteries show 11.8. Still a total of 73+ volts

You have 1 or more bad batteries.

Do a brake load test. attach your meter to a battery. Hold your foot on the brake. Hold accelerator for 2 seconds and read voltage, Repeat on the rest of the batteries, The dud/s will show up.

I might suggest that your charger is set to gel (14)and that you are running flooded batteries. A gel setting is not strong enough for flooded or AGM batteries and they will lose half their capacity in 6 months. What is the complete model # of your batteries and what is the setting of your charger?

All the batteries showed the same…started out reading 12.5----pressed accelerator and read 11.2 to 11.5 under load…I am so disappointed in how these batteries and this cart has been…I’m just not smart enough to figure issue…any help would be very appreciated

How do I find out my setting. Site won’t let me upload a video to show you flashing light sequence sir

Don’t blame the car for bad batteries. Agm"s only last a year unless charged properly.

dq gem

Count flashes with main breaker off to see profile.

Jack up the car and check for draging brakes

Hello sir. Do I count the bottom light? Or the top multiple lights? Do you have an email I could possibly send you a video of what I see? Once I do figure it out am I able to change setting or do I need to take it to a profession cart facility? Thank you for all your help

rodneyadiehl@aol.com