2007 gem e4 controller options

I have a e4, with a t4 controller. Are there any upgrade options controller wise. Also are the t4 and t5 interchangeable.

Not directly interchangeably. A t4 can’t supply needed throttle current.

Not much can be done with the dc motor. For performace upgrade, the 2016+ ac motor can spin 9,000 rpm, and will bolt up.

For performance upgrade, the 2016+ ac motor can spin 9,000 rpm, and will bolt up.

Translation:
2016 ac motor can spin 9000, and will bolt up. Then you will need AC controller, probably an adapter to plug controller to harness, then a nice big battery that will push it all around. (Speed/torque really likes to consume amps)

@bigrhett - What are you looking for your car to do that is is not currently doing?
What mods have you tried/done to your car already?
What motor is in this car? When was the last time it was serviced?
What batteries are in your car? Age?
What is your budget?
What is your skill set?
What is in your toolbox?

what are you trying to accomplish?

Not odd numbers. You need a t6. Or a 4.6. The 5 ges to the 7 and also the 3.5. Also check the vin number and subtract the 6th digit from the above. If it flips even, or odd after then yes. Unless the 9th digit is a vowel. Then all bets sre off.

I’m getting the 66 fault code. Motor is good. I was just looking for better controller alternatives, instead of going with a reman. Flight Systems is very hit and miss with their work.

I suppose you could try Alltrax. You would need to re-pin the 23p harness plug, Study up and see if it has serial data out and see if it is compatible with Gem display protocol. Otherwise you’d probably lose most of the function of the dash display.

Yes, and then get away from those pesky brushes.
If MikeKC is up for another conversion, about $1500.
I’m optimistic after Josh got his Anvil running. :slight_smile: