2006 el Park Ranger needs lithium infusion

I can build you a plug in bms kit as Adam suggests.

Yes- Thank you! I’ve been told you’ve done dozens. I saw the tx/rx printing on unit, but assumed it would be system exclusive. From what I gather it is RS-485 serial data transfer to bluetooth adapter.

If you say this is the way to go, then I go! Thank you!

I’m up 45 about 40 miles from there.

It might be. But remember that’s just the protocol. If you can’t speak Samsung, you don’t know what is going on, it’s just digital gibberish

Does not use the Samsung acquisition board or data. Only the wiring. I supply the same bms we use in all our current batteries, with a harness that plugs into the samsung wiring.
Adam may have a picture of his.

I do.
And I even know where it is. That can be a feat…

The SamMS is the the circuit board in the lower right;.

Adapter boards for the “Dave & Michael BMS” so so you can use the existing wiring and connectors.

Buttoned up with the other end of the leads going to the new BMS

2 Likes

Gotcha- Thank you for the great pics Adam. I fully appreciate the herculean task of locating those pics sometimes…

I understand the custom pigtail, but in full disclosure, those leads are all off the battery currently. The seller I bought it from was about to break it into individual cells and had begun disassembly, which is why I was lucky enough to get the pack. Someone in Wisconsin got the other 12 packs from ebay while I was negotiating the purchase in person.

Anyway, No big deal to plug in a few dozen spade connectors. Very nice pigtail conversion y’all created- elegant solution, indeed.

Other than OEM having nice quality lead wires…