2005 gem e85 wont go

That’s kinda what I was thinking. It is so dang easy to pull a motor out why not pull it to work on it? It would be much easier working on a bench with lots of room vs on the ground and under the car half the time.

How easy is it to crack a brush(tapping, poking, excessively prying on it)?

If your careful and have the proper tools it can be done. It took me a couple of years to get proficient repairing GEM motors. I scrapped some motors learning how to do it right. If I reveal all my techniques I will compromise my income. I have sucesfully done in excess of 50 units.

My customers are satisfied with my work because, once repaired and adjusted, my motors keep working.

Rodney

Hi Old_Houseboater
I saw loose wires inside the motor so I ended up just taking the motor all the way out. After taking off the cap i noticed the loose wires were from one of the brush’s that had been broken off. Looks like one of the brush holders had been completely broken off and so the brush was just laying in the motor cap with the wires disconnected from it. There are also 2 broken springs that need to be replace. I think all the brushes need to be resurfaced since all of them dont feel smooth on the angled end of each brush (unless they are supposed to be that way). Is it feasible to replace and or repair all of this or better off just finding a new motor? I don’t see any way for me to upload photos otherwise i would send them to you. Thanks

What kind and model motor. Send me the motor. I lost my ability to look at them without having it onsite. Email me what you have. rodneyadiehl@aol.com

$120 including salvage parts. add $60 if machining required plus shipping.

Send cover and armature only to

Rodney Diehl
2400 Baywater Road
Tavares Florida

251 269 3182

Hi Rodney,

Sorry but let me know what parts are the Armature and cover (is the cover the outer casing that has the Motor Specs listed on a label). Sorry for my ignorance but I am not familiar with the motor parts, I’m just an amateur with this stuff. thanks

He wants the big inner rotor and the end cap/plate with the brushes. Box it up REALLY well and so the two parts don’t beat each other to bits.

It makes sense if you don’t have to ship the motor housing it saves that much in shipping weight.
This is awesome that he thinks he can save it.

B

The back cover with the brushes and the armature (the heavy rotating part. email me at rodneyadiehl@aol.com