2005 e4 good price?

Hi everyone. I’m in the market for a LSV and just found this forum. There is a 2005 GEM e4 for sale here. It has 2017 batteries, and recently fully serviced. I’m not sure what the service entailed but am finding out. Its asking price is $3,800. Is this a good deal? What should I look for when checking it out?

Thanks!

I’m not a fan of the 2005. It uses the worst controller GE made. The T-3. Later cars 2008 and up used a T-4 controler. This controller has offers less issues when people have tried to make the car go faster then 25. If you wanna go faster then 25 your gonna need a T-4 and you will have to convert the car from T-3 controller ready to T-4.

Other then the controller that’s my only sticking point do you have any photos of the car.

Grant. Thank for the feedback. Other than the controller, is it a reliable model? I wouldn’t try modifying it for speed. It will mainly be a cart for my family and I to take to the beach from our house (couple mile round trip on neighborhood roads). Is that price fair given the small amount of info I provided? Couple pics here.
Screenshot_20190114-125754

Only other pic I have yet. Hope to go view it and drive it soon.

That car looks fabulous. Looks like it’s been kept indoors & no paint or Upolstry issues. So I would say it’s good deal.

Only other issues tend to be from cars that come from a fleet of Maintance vehicles. A friend that was a Moble gem car repair person told me this simple tip. (“Never buy a gem from any place that used it as a maintenance or security car where the property had “speed bumps”) he said that Speed Bumps were the death of any gem car that it was used as a maintenance vehicle. Example he said he used to do all the mechanical work on Gems at a Particular High Tech place that had 2 different campus’s here In the bay aera. campus #1 had No speed Bumps and the 2nd campus had speed bumps everywhere. The campus that had speed bumps he said the gems were like “Hammered $hit” he said busted A arms, every suspension piece and bushing was wore out and every car squeeked and rattled like it had 200k on it.

It looks like the car your Intrested in was part of a golf cart fleet. So I’m sure it was maintained well.

I’d buy it! …

Thank you again for helping a newbie to gems and LSVs.