2005 E2 Error code 16

I’m aware of what it is and the immediate solution.
Only happens when there is a short time between charge and use…if I charge overnight…no problem. Just short term charge.
Seems this problem cones and goes…never happens for a few months then it starts.
Seems like I got some advice somewhere that I think worked.
Anybody got any ideas
2005 E2
Thanks

This assumes you are running some sort of Wet Lead Acid battery and the proper charge profile fir such.

Every now and then the charger decides to do an equalize cycle. It ramps your Top V up real high to boil a bit of sulfides off the plates and gives any low batteries a chance to come up to the levels of the high batteries.

Next time this happens, verify this activity and measure the V on each battery. You caouls also check across the top of your controller (POS and NEG) with key on. The Code 16 gets triggered around 86 volts.

Most of the time it happens when you don’t need the cart and natural cool down will allow the batteries to come down to a proper resting V. When done, Check each battery and look for a low one. They should all be around 0.1V from each other.
A balanced pack is a happy pack!!

This equalize cycle boils out the batteries and one reason why you should be checking/topping off the water levels in your batteries from time to time.