2002 Gem Long Back 2 seater Convert to 4 seats??

Hello,
I was looking at purchasing a friends 2002 Gem Cart, (MY02-GEM, EZ, L).
It is a 2 seat cart with the Long Back flat bed. Has anyone tried to add another set of forward facing seats. I found a parts Gem cart with 4 seats, frame and dome roof. Does anyone know if the 4 seat dome roof will fit on the 2 seat long back frame?? Do you think the job would be over whelming to convert to a 4 seater.
Thanks Tom

Probably not worth the effort IMO. Frames are pretty similar, but the body mount points are different, battery trays are in different places, rear suspension setup is different (same trailing arm subframe, but again, different shock mounts, angles and number/size of shocks).

I’d just wait for the right one for your needs to come up for sale.

I agree wait for a E4 or a traditional E2 that you can place a rear facing seat on. Like in Oldhouseboaters profile pic.

If your a 6 foot tall guy you would be better off with a traditional E4 over the E2

Or just do what I do, make people ride in the bed. You could always permanently or temporarily mount a rear facing seat in the bed up against the cab.

Thank you so much for the quick response. Sounds like a major task.

I won’t lie, I’ve toyed with the idea of taking a 99-04 4 seater and cutting it and my 02 long back in half and re welding the frames together to make a crew cab. Talk about a god awful turning radius…

Never seem to get past “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”