2002 Gem 825 wont go

I bought two used 2002 Gem 825 cars that were in non running condition. Started off by replacing 6 batteries in the 4 seat car to start my rebuild.
With the new batteries in the chargers will kick on and charges properly. The contactor works when the key is turned on, all the accessories work fine, but when you press accelerator, there is a whine in the controller, but no car movement. Any suggestions on how to test controller, or what to do next? By the way, the contactor has power on both sides whether open or closed, which doenst make much sense to me, unless Im reading a stored charged coming from controller side that hasnt dissapated.

Are you getting an error code in the form of a two digit number on the display? What is the voltage across all of the batteries when fully charged?

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;12276]Are you getting an error code in the form of a two digit number on the display? What is the voltage across all of the batteries when fully charged?[/QUOTE]

No error code, just shows the charged state of 100, Batteries are 78.4 volts across entire pack when fully charged.

The controller will give common codes when prompted, -04 when brake is on, etc…

Check the fuses and connections at the DC/DC converter.

I checked all fuses at dc converter and under hood, all fuses are good. What’s next?

Ride for Fun can test your controller to confirm proper operation. I have never had a controller go bad with 4 GEMs in ten years. Maybe this is why your’s GEM was parked by the previous owner? Have you considered swapping the controllers between the two GEMs for comparison? Isn’t it great having more than one?

Daniel

I have swapped controllers, both do same thing. I have already talked to ride 4 fun and shipped controller to be tested

what does error code 8868 mean

I am not familiar with any GEM error codes that are four digit numbers. Please tell us what you are working on (Ford Think, GEM), what device is giving the code (charger, motor controller), and the year of the vehicle.

Daniel

[QUOTE=calif2525;12348]what does error code 8868 mean[/QUOTE]