2 motor rear vehicle

Hello, this is my first post here, and I’m kinda new to all this EV concept.

I was thinking about making my own small vehicle, which would use 2 small engines (maybe washer machine engines) in the rear wheels, so it wouldn’t be necessary any kind of differential , instead I would need to control the rpm of each one independently, am I right?

I’m sorry if my idea is stupid or unfeasible , but I would like to know your opinion about what’s wrong with it, and what’s good too.

I know my english isn’t perfect so feel free to correct me also.

[QUOTE=Gulah;9299]Hello, this is my first post here, and I’m kinda new to all this EV concept.

I was thinking about making my own small vehicle, which would use 2 small engines (maybe washer machine engines) in the rear wheels, so it wouldn’t be necessary any kind of differential , instead I would need to control the rpm of each one independently, am I right?

I’m sorry if my idea is stupid or unfeasible , but I would like to know your opinion about what’s wrong with it, and what’s good too.

I know my english isn’t perfect so feel free to correct me also.[/QUOTE]
Hi Gulah and welcome to the site. Some of the information you need may already be within the site and others should reply further also.

Again, welcome and enjoy to site.

Gene

Hello Gene, I’ve tried to search for “2 engine” or “2 motor”, but couldn’t find anything useful in the forum, can you link me up please?
Also I was thinking to use a Arduino to be brains behind the controller, is it feasible?
What about the washing machine engines?
So many questions :stuck_out_tongue:

After searching everything I could remember in this site I saw this option,
http://www.e-traction.com/SM350.htm
Seems interesting for a bigger project, where could I buy it, can seem to find anything in the net …
But back to my other questions, anyone, help?

[QUOTE=Gulah;9304]Hello Gene, I’ve tried to search for “2 engine” or “2 motor”, but couldn’t find anything useful in the forum, can you link me up please?
Also I was thinking to use a Arduino to be brains behind the controller, is it feasible?
What about the washing machine engines?
So many questions :P[/QUOTE]
Hi Gulah,

I wish I had information or links to provide. I moderate this site but don’t have an electric vehicle of my own. I’m a retired American in the Philippines-where carabao (water buffalo) are still widely used for transportation:eek:. Haven’t even seen an electric car or truck here-hahaha.

Gene

Well thanks anyway, another question I have is those hub motors, how can I control them?
Which controller can i use, can I get regenerative braking?
Hope someone knows something about this, or helps me.