1999 GEM 48 Volt, 18MPH

I have a 1999 GEM 48 volt that will only run 18 mph in Road and Turf mode. Maybe only 1 mph difference in the two ranges. This car has heavy duty Everstart Maxx Marine batteries. I have checked voltage on fresh charge going max speed and I show about 46 volts. Is this enough to reach the desired 21 mph. Any suggestions on how to improve speed?

[QUOTE=Jfleet;8992]I have a 1999 GEM 48 volt that will only run 18 mph in Road and Turf mode. Maybe only 1 mph difference in the two ranges. This car has heavy duty Everstart Maxx Marine batteries. I have checked voltage on fresh charge going max speed and I show about 46 volts. Is this enough to reach the desired 21 mph. Any suggestions on how to improve speed?[/QUOTE]

I took my front batterys out now I don’t remember how to place the wiring back on the terminals, Can you help?

This wiring diagram should help

I tried to download the schematic for the 1999 e580 but it says I do not have permission to go to that page.
Please help

I just downloaded it . Try another computer or connection. This schematic is for the early 48 volt GEM that used only four batteries.

Daniel

I took photos. How do I attach them to send them to you.

I just read where you can not attach anything to quick reply. I am new to this Forum so not sure how to get you the photos.

click the "Post a Reply"button and not the quick reply

Ok. I had to have at least 5 post’s before I do attachments.
Here are the photos of the board, contactors and controller.

The drawing does not show wire colors. If you have a photo of a working board I can match it up to be sure I have the colors correct

[quote=suesamh;17475]Ok. I had to have at least 5 post’s before I do attachments.
Here are the photos of the board, contactors and controller.[/quote]

Suesamh,
you’re the first one that I have seen with the same 48 volt gem that I have! I have the wiring diagrams but don’t know how to attach…

i also have a e580 with brand new batterys and will only go top speed of 18 mph and suggestons on whats wrong or anyway to get more speed out of it ?