12v switched

Where can I find a 12V switched Key on power? Thanks.

On pre-2005 models you have two possible sources. Both are behind the lower dash panel on the right. There’s a set of wires with spade terminals coming from the fuse panel and chassis ground. This gives you about 3 amps which is switched (after the built in time delay) by the ignition switch. The second, unfused 12 volt supply, is on the DC converter board to the right of the main contactor. At one corner there’s a large red wire going to the fuse box. Right next to it should be a spare 12 volt terminal (check with a test light or meter). If you use this terminal, insert a fuse holder with a 3-5 amp fuse. Get the negative from the chassis ground.

On 2005 and newer GEMS the DC converter is part of the fuse panel assembly under the front bodywork hinged cover. You’re on your own here as I have a 2002.

For all models - there is no constantly supplied 12 volt source. So if you’re looking for a place to power the memory of a stereo, you’re going to have to add a separate small 12 volt battery somewhere or use a marine stereo that’s got its own internal backup battery.

Bob thanks for your reply. I had discovered the wires you talking about but thought they were constant (powered all the time) what I forgot about was the timed delay you mentioned. I will re check them but I think your spot on and they will not be constant they will be switched.

FYI I’m hooking up a volt meter and that’s what needs a switched 12v

Thanks.