Would you buy an electric powered BMW?

The reputation of BMW is based upon luxury therefore many people are now asking the question, would you buy an electric powered BMW? Is BMW Daimlers joint-venture just a way to placate the green movement? Would an electric BMW be a mass-market seller?

I think so and I’m excited if it will happen :slight_smile:

Hi Kristina

BMW is already geared up for the release of the BMW i3, more details are available in the BMW i3 forum :-

BMW i3 forum - Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community

I think it will a good step if they launch a electric vehicle because there are many other brands who do not make luxury cars but they started it. and if the BMW make that I think that will be more good then other’s in quality and also in features.

Slowly but surely the main players in the automobile sector seem to be moving towards EVs. When the likes of BMW are releasing EVs to the market I think everyone will sit up an listen. I also think we will see more and more car companies working together on joint ventures - companies who in the past have perhaps been sworn enemies.

The sharing of EV technology and battery technology holds the key to the future in my view.

Regards,

Mark

My morning commute and other daily transportation needs fit perfectly into the profile of an EV owner. I would lease one today!

My opinion is that EVs are a better choice at the present time to lease VS purchase - especially for anyone wanting to dip their toes into the EV pool. A 24 month lease would provide the option (like any other lease) gives the flexibility to walk away at the end of the lease term and lease or purchase another car - ICE, hybrid, or EV depending on need. Additionally, battery technology is likely to continue to advance, and 2 - 3 years will allow getting an upgraded technology car instead of keeping one that is outdated with perhaps longer charge times, better storage, and longer ranges. The aesthetics of current gen non-ICE vehicles turn some folks off from even considering a non-ICE car, so 2 - 3 years hence, they car makers may come up with sleeker, sexier designs to attract a broader audience. (Consider the drop dead gorgeous i8 as an example.)

At the moment a hard no! why? because they are still under observation, from time to time they have so many issues mostly the performance. 10 years from now yes I would love to have one because that time I know they are stable.

tata megapixel
brilliant concept and almost there in the design ( closer than most )
nearly cried when they parked it

My opinion is that the I8 represents the immediate future in EV vehicles. It is everything. A Plug In Electric from the Grid for short trips, HyBrid for best economy around town, and liquid fueled for extended trips.

And above all. YOU WILL LOOK GOOD DOING IT!!!1

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;22792]My opinion is that the I8 represents the immediate future in EV vehicles. It is everything. A Plug In Electric from the Grid for short trips, HyBrid for best economy around town, and liquid fueled for extended trips.

And above all. YOU WILL LOOK GOOD DOING IT!!!1[/quote]

… yeh thanks but
i dont need a piece of transport machinery to make me feel / look good
im quite at home with my maleness and how ugly i might be

the i8 just looks to me like the usual attempt to desperately cling on to the past design mistakes in fear of really doing something that is better and far more suited to ecologically responsible transport

To each his own. You drive your Pruis i’ll drive the Beemer.:slight_smile:

yeh ok
you are right
my fav 2 cars couldnt be further apart

tata mega pixel … mclaren F1 ( and the latest model as well )

mega pix is an reev …100ks a litre …2 seater… top speed just over 100kph… electric range 80 ks then onto separate recharge motor … independent motor on each wheel
mclaren F1 3 seater ( 1 in us due to mixed intelligence regulations ) top speed well over 300kph

Looks great, but I think its too expensive (of course, its BMW)… there are better EV on the market…

I surely respect your feelings but the fact remains MANY people buy the Bimmer cause it’s not a Chevy. They like the way it makes them feel. The same can be said for Cadillac, Mercedes, Audi etc.