Would it be worth $1500

I came across an 02’ e825 two-seater with flat bed. Been sitting for over a yr, has 2- 1yr + old and 4 brand new marine deep cycle batteries. The motor was supposedly rebuilt just before it got parked. Seems to operate properly, smooth start and stop no strange noises. Body is soso, drivers side mirror needs replaced along with hood latch, some minor cracks and chips. Is it worth the $1500 they are asking?

Not to me.
@JarJarJava will chime in.
If you want a beater to putt around, it’s not much money.
2005+ is worth $5k more imho.
Title?

What does Donna think? If she ain’t happy, nobody’s gonna touch mr happy.

Seriously, tell them you’ll take $200 to put it out of its misery and shoot it.

No title. I live and work in a gated community as maintenance. It won’t see public streets. I

Sounds like a fun toy and might even be useful as long as there are not any speed pumps in the roads. Otherwise you will need dental work after a few miles unless you keep the lead batteries and lots of tool it it.

It more/less depends on what you will be using it for.

If it works fine the way it is set up (in it’s present form) then it might be a useful tool for you. The flatbeds were great in the maint duty.

The early Gen 1 cars have design limits that start to show when you push them out of their designated bubble. This forum is heavily weighted to getting the most out of these carts and the limits were easily exposed. Not that you can’t overcome those limits, it just gets expensive and sometimes frustrating.

The first thing you will probably need is a new set of batteries. From your description it sounds like someone installed a hodgepodge just to get it sold. This is a normal practice and not necessarily bad as it does show you that the cart works electrically. Just be aware that it may not have great range as it is.

There is a 10 mph speed limit here. So I’m not looking to go hot rod with it. What would you recommend along there lines of batteries. I figure it will be driven 5 miles a day at most

I have the same unit. Check the shock mount towers. All mine were cracked. Also, check the front tires, if they are splayed you need shocks, at the least. Also, check the rear sway bar/axle, it is known to crack.