Wiring diagram for 2008 e2

I reacently purchased a 2008 gem e2 with bad batteries, the guy said that the only thing wrong. So I replaced the batteries with Gel batteries just like the car had now the charger does nothing at all. The 2 wires in the picture with black arrows were hooked to nothing and one battery was missing when I purchased the car. Do they two wire have anything to do with the battery not working? One is blue with a yellow stripe and the other one is yellow with a red stripe? There is a Eye loop on positive cable attached to the two wires in the red circle. Please let me know I cant find anything on line.Thanks in advance for any help!!!

wire%20with%20no%20home|375x500 eye%20loop%20on%20positive%20cable

That is the temperature sensor for the charger. It is needed in most cases for charger to work.
Look for 2 qc wires that fit the qc terminals in your picture.
One wire is B-, the other will measure about 3.3v to B-. So if you have 3.3 dc volts between them, they should be correct.

I have -3.7v on the blue/yellow stripe wire and -22.8v on the yellow/red stripe with charger pluged in and just a reminder the charger does not light up at all no test or anything.
With the charger not plug in I am reading -2.9v on the blue/yellow stripe wire and -18.1v on the yellow/red stripe.
So on the one positive cable going thru the battery handles circled in red I have the a blue/orange stripe and yellow with black stripe connected together on the positive with a eye terminal. Could this be the temp sensor? Is there also a Minimum Voltage set of wires? Could this tithe two wires not connected? vs versa

If leds on charger don’t blink when charger is first plugged in, charger is bad.
If sensor wires were inadvertently connected to B+ it could damage the charger and melt one of the wires. I don’t know for sure, as I haven’t heard of anyone doing it.
Any voltage checks on the battery system are referenced to B-. (battery neg)
Don’t remember the colors. I can look at mine if we need to know. If there are not two small wires near the battery with mating terminals to you sensor, I suspect someone connected them to B+. B- would not damage charger, B+! ???

I have a problem with the wiring to the batteries also. I had a friend that thought he was helping and started taking the batteries out because they were bad and I was going to change them out. I usually take pictures before I start so I can refer back if needed, but I didn’t get time to before he got started. He unhooked the 2 wires going to the parking brake and that was an easy one. The other is two wires connected together coming out of an eye terminal, so I know it goes to a bolt terminal om one of the batteries, I just don’t know which one. It’s a 2006 E2, 2 seater.

That is a temperature sensor. Connect it to any battery terminal.

This should go to any battery terminal?

Yes, it senses battery temperature. The large ring in not connected to anything electrical. “isolated”

Same issue here, buddy forgot to connect it ! Any particular terminal?
image|375x500

Any terminal is fine.