Wireless power meter

Thanks. Do you have any feeling for the range of the remote, distance from the vehicle?
My GEM does not have an accessory 12 VDC outlet (yet).

If you could give current readings for your lithium GEM, that would be great. I’m close to switching to a volt battery. I’ll be asking more questions under your other thread dedicated to that conversion.

[quote=On the Fritz;30932]Thanks. Do you have any feeling for the range of the remote, distance from the vehicle?
My GEM does not have an accessory 12 VDC outlet (yet).[/quote]

Only about 20’ thru walls.

DC Programmable 0 90V 0 300A Voltage Current AH Power Meter Battery AGM Li Ion | eBay
this one looks to be higher amperage just not wireless what you think?

[quote=Fasterthanu68;30966]DC Programmable 0 90V 0 300A Voltage Current AH Power Meter Battery AGM Li Ion | eBay
this one looks to be higher amperage just not wireless what you think?[/quote]

Wireless is much nicer. No isolation problems. Connected direct to high power system = bad.

Had meter in car with me today. Started out with 100.6 volts.
Running 34mph on level <50 amps
Starting out in middle of a hill, 4 of us in car, 1/4 throttle up the hill, < 75amps.
Never see over 200. Max current setting down from 255 to 190.
Going to try 150 again.

Often under 25 amps on level.

Only running 47ah batteries (24s) and get 12m easy. Start and go up and down hills.

Thank you. Excellent data points. Really appreciated.

Got back in from testing a new batch of "MM"s.
30mph uphill alone = 100 amps. Stock tires 12/1.
After 10mi, down to 92.5 volts.

1 Like

Would I need a magic magnet on a t2 with 5hp, I seem to be capped at 30mph more matter what I change?

T1 and T2 don’t need alternate magnets. What ratio Gear box, What year cart, What diameter tires. 2 or 4 seat, make size age, and model batteries?

It’s a 4 seater with 10.25:1 ratio 2002, 10 leaf modules, 23.9" tires

Are you sure your not going faster?

Is it holding back? Plugging?

Lower arm amps helps me.

I will post my settings tomorrow on a new topic, I check on GPS best I have had is 34 with the field weakening way to low for longevity.

Your tires are too big for a 5 hp to do what you expect. A GE stock 7 hp motor would give you more grunt at a minimum cost.

HOWEVER: With your tires and a 10.35 gearbox 35 MPH is a max speed limit if you want the setup to live.

Actually with your tires and gearbox, adding a 7hp motor, makes an all around GREAT cart. A RFF motor might jack your speed 3 to 5 MPH but even 35 MPH is past the safe limit for stock brakes.

Note: I’ve been thru all this with my 99 4 seater. I’m now back to a 2005 2 seater with a 5hp and 32 MPH and i’m happy happy happy.

Rule of Rodney’s thumb: 5000 RPM max for stock 5 and 7hp GE motors and 6000+ a tad for D&D motors.

I have a spread sheet that gives RPM @ all GEM gear ratios vs tire size. you just enter tire size and press enter.

Email me if you want one. rodneyadiehl@aol.com

Don’t give up. Before spending any money, go back to stock, and buy another battery.

Hope to test a 48v car with an extra 12v lead soon.:wink:

Take out 8 heavy 6v and put in 5 90ah 12v gels.
This is the brother to my 48v tomberlin running 66v lithium.

I have to 11th module just waiting on the voltage mod

12 is just right! :slight_smile:

Just bought one of these. It worked fine then I think I hit the wrong button and now it is not paired. The directions are very vague on how to pair it. Anyone know how?

I figured it out. There is a small number on the wireless card, you have to set that number on the Nom screen.

I believe this is the one but the pic is no longer here for the wireless meter