Where to mount QuickCharge SCO7210?

Hi all,

I bought an SCO7210 to replace the Zivan my 2002 e825 4 seater came with. I have it hooked up and charging the cart right now, but it’s not actually mounted anywhere, just sitting next to the accelerator with the dash taken apart. I wanted to check where others who have an SCO#### charger ended up mounting them? Or if not mounted on board, any tips or tricks to quickly/easily hook up for a charge?

Thank you,
Andres

Here is the way it was mounted in my Gem

Thanks bundcur! Looks like there’s no way around it, I need to get a drill bit and drill some holes.

That panel is aluminum so it drills easy. It’s taping lag bolts. One last thing. When drilling or working in that area I always cover the co troller with a rag of some kind so no shavings even have a chance if falling on it and causing a short. Send some pics when u get it in.

Curtis.

if you mark the center of the holes with a center punch, then drill with a small bit for your pilot and then use correct size bit it will turn out nice. If you have any questions let me know

Curtis.

Alright… got it mounted and hooked up. Drilling the holes wasn’t too bad, I was worried at first thinking it was steel… it didn’t even occur to me that it was aluminum. Of course now that I think about it… a steel plate would probably be prohibitively too heavy. Oh well, that’s what sites like this are for… sharing the knowledge :slight_smile: And thank you for the tip about covering the controller, I covered it up with a few clean shop rags while drilling.

If you carefully tie back and reroute some of the wires you can create a clear path so you can look in the small space between the lower dash and the post in order to see the digital display on the charger.

Nice, I’ll give it a shot, would be nice to see it and not take the upper dash on/off all the time. I just topped off all of the batteries with distilled water and am letting them charge again.

I have another question if anyone might know the answer, if not I’ll start another thread. So I know while the batteries are off gassing they’re releasing some hydrogen sulfide. My question is in a 3 car garage with the Gem at one end, and my gas water heater and gas furnace almost at the opposite corner from the Gem, probably a good 15-20’ away… should I be concerned about the off gassing? No I wouldn’t hold anyone liable for saying it’s fine and a fire starts. I’d like to be able to plug in the car once getting back home and not leave the garage door cracked when the weather starts getting cold… and also not be worried about the furnace kicking on and whether the charger is in the gassing stage.

My guess is I’m fine… I can smell the sulfur when I’m up close listening to the batteries bubble away, and just taking a step back, I don’t smell it anymore. But this not remotely being an area I have much knowledge in, I figured I’d ask you all.

I am far from an expert but I doubt you will have a problem. A 3 car garage is pretty big. I’ve never heard of anyone having a problem charging in a garage. Hopefully some of the more experienced “Gem people” will chime in with their opinions.

I read a little more online… sounds like the hydrogen molecules shoot up and the hydrogen sulfide drops to the ground. The garage is by no means air tight, there’s vents, there’s misaligned garage doors where air can get in/out… I think it’ll be fine :slight_smile:

The only time I have seen a co2 detector go off is when you are charging and the water is low/lead is showing. This has also happened to two different people I know who run led acid batteries.

Good morning, new Gem car (2002 E825 2 seater) owner here, i recently purchased a new SCO7210 charger but it didn’t come with an owners manual, would anybody have a copy they could send as a pdf to this noob?

Thanks in advance

You can download it from the manufacturer here:
https://quickcharge.com/select-a-charge-on-board-chargers.html

Thank you, that’s exactly what I am looking for. I appreciate it very much!!!