What the Heck Did I See Today?

While I was riding home on the bus today, I saw a vehicle I have never seen before in my life. I’m a big car buff, and my friends often call me a dork because I can pretty much name the make and model of any vehicle on the road at a quick glance. As the bus made a turn on to the road by my house, I noticed an approaching metallic green car, quite small in size. I swear there was a blue oval in the front indicative of a Ford, and the “design language” was strongly reminiscent of recent Ford models such as the Flex. It had fairly large vertically-oriented rectangular headlamps, but I don’t remember much of the grille treatment. It was a fairly boxy hatchback treatment like a Scion xB, only a good deal smaller. On the back was a decal that said “Electric” across the bottom of the rear windscreen. I couldn’t make out any name plaques from the distance.

As soon as I got home, I drove out to where I thought it was heading, but never found it. I’ll keep my eyes open for it, but it’s driving me nuts not knowing what it was.

I live in State College, Pennsylvania, and it was seen in the Park Forest region, if that helps.

Any Ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated.

How about this: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/04/smith-ampere-electric-van-car-ford.php

Quite ugly and very similar to what you have described.

Noisome

Sounds like my Zenn, but I live in Ohio. It is an all-electric Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) that has been ungraded to go 35 mph.

A Zenn it was, thanks voltsrus.

The oval badge on the front threw me off, and it passed so quickly I was trying to piece everything together in my mind. I saw the pictures of yours, I think it was nearly the same except the paint seemed to be a darker green (could have just been because it’s pretty much in the woods where I live.

Thanks again, I’ll have to hunt the thing down to see if I can get a better look at it, it’s very interesting.