What other hobbies do you guys have?

just as the title is stated…

I when i have the time and money go racing with my infiniti g20 at road courses arround the mid west area. I also like to invent stuff. otherwise most of my time is taken up by my house and dog.

Hello Feus,

All last summer i raced 125 cc gokarts on our local circuit , ya i know not a real car. But I have raced bmx, dirtbikes, roadbikes 160mph( motorcycles) and now super fast gokarts. It is about as close to a indy car as a non millionaire(yet) can come to. I loved it. Little expensive $200 a set of tires per race if you want to be competitive and a $200 rebuild ever 5-10 hours.

Other hobbies, golf, tech gadgets( my newest gadgets an iphone, and quad monitors).

thats awesome, yea i’ve been into racing cars now for a while and i’d REALLY like to “reinvent” the wheel persay when it comes to racing, so i’m going to be testing out some new ideas when i’m making my next car for racing.

if you want a good track car/kart check out a car called the DP1 ( http://www.dpcars.net/ ) its got the power to weight ratio similar to that of an F1 car, and its AWD with a high rev V8 motor, and weighs 850lbs for a curb weight :smiley: I was looking at doing something similar to that but with electrical power so we’ll see how this goes :smiley:

http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/emaxx/trx_emaxx.htm

This is my hobby, and part of the inspiration to my conversion. I of course upgraded mine and it now goes 65 mph! (:

Well,60mph~~I’d better to get a Car.

I’m way different here but I’m into making my yard as nice as possible.

I also do a lot of arcade machine emulation. I play classic and 90’s arcade machine emulators. I do it on a computer now but I hope to build an arcade machine soon.

Still turning money into Hydrocarbons - I race cars… SCCA / NASA

I build them and support them for other racers.

Check my sig line for my current personal project - Next up will be the Diesel Serial Hybrid that I’ve been planning since I was a youngster sitting with my Grampa and we were laying it all out on a scrap of paper…

Grampa died when I was 11. That was 44 years ago… It’s about time…

[QUOTE=Big-Foot;3985]Still turning money into Hydrocarbons - I race cars… SCCA / NASA

I build them and support them for other racers.

Check my sig line for my current personal project - Next up will be the Diesel Serial Hybrid that I’ve been planning since I was a youngster sitting with my Grampa and we were laying it all out on a scrap of paper…

Grampa died when I was 11. That was 44 years ago… It’s about time…[/QUOTE]

I do stuff like that too, i’m working on going to get my wheel to wheel liscense thi comming year actually with midwest councile and then get my RX-7 in with the ITA serries.

I’d also like to build something a bit more efficient on everything.

[QUOTE=FEUS;4220]I do stuff like that too, i’m working on going to get my wheel to wheel liscense thi comming year actually with midwest councile and then get my RX-7 in with the ITA serries.

I’d also like to build something a bit more efficient on everything.[/QUOTE]

I’ve raced a number of MW Council races over the years at Blackhawk Farms… I’m in the Land O’Lakes Region SCCA… Raced a Factory Five Cobra for a few years, prior to that a Honda in IT, American Sedan Camaro, most recently raced a Porsche 924S in NASA… Small world eh? :slight_smile:

When I have down time I write/record music and surf the web to discover new online communities. Social media really interests me which is why I work for a new media marketing company.

[QUOTE=Big-Foot;4221]I’ve raced a number of MW Council races over the years at Blackhawk Farms… I’m in the Land O’Lakes Region SCCA… Raced a Factory Five Cobra for a few years, prior to that a Honda in IT, American Sedan Camaro, most recently raced a Porsche 924S in NASA… Small world eh? :)[/QUOTE]

I started driving a miata at the end of the season this last year, and if i can manage the money, i’ll be racing this year as well with it. I’m slowly turning it into a spec miata.

I love sports games, including, of course, Gran Turismo 4. As I get the money to afford cars I find myself enjoying them more and more!

My favorite time pass is bike stunting and watching movies.

football,cricket and etc…

My hobby is to sing a song, usually rap songs, or create video and edit them

Play my organ and keyboard.

I do enjoy the Formula 1 as well as the Formula E when it’s on, anyone else watch these on here?

Hi Rachel

Welcome to the forum - we hope you enjoy chatting with other members.

There is no doubt that Formula E is growing in popularity. We have a section just for Formula E with regular updates by a Formula E magazine which you can see here:-

Formula E - Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community

Regards,

Mark

I loves to drive cars and keep technical information about it.

I was never structured enough to follow rules so never raced on a track except the time when I was a kid I got to ride in a brand new XKE at the old Riverside raceway in 1960. Have done a lot of dune buggying, four wheeling and camping over the years. Had quite a few vehicles that I customized and supped up. I still have my FJ40 that I bought in 1973. The extent of my off roading now is taking the old Cruiser across the creek every once in a while to get firewood. Tried camping down there some years back but decided it was to far from the bathroom. I own a few acres and a fare sized house with two car garage and a separate garage/workshop where I do some tinkering but mostly I like sitting on the porch just looking out over the woods. Hobbies? Oh yeah, I guess my life has been a hobby.