Turned headlights on, solid red light on both turn signals

WHat does this mean? I turn on the headlights for a 2002 GEM, no headlights and the right and left turn signals stay solid red?:confused:

Was the GEM normal before all this started? Check to see that the brake light switch is not stuck by pulling up on the brake pedal. Check the wiring connector going to the hood. These will corrode and fail. All of ours have since been replaced with crimp on connectors. Look for a wire that has rubbed through and shorted.

Daniel

[QUOTE=lilyfrog;10570]WHat does this mean? I turn on the headlights for a 2002 GEM, no headlights and the right and left turn signals stay solid red?:confused:[/QUOTE]I had something similar happen when I was adding side l/r turn signals to my GEM. I think it means one of your turn signal bulbs is burnt out or disconnected. Check that first.

What does this mean? I turn on the headlights for a 2000 GEM, no headlights and the right and left turn signals stay solid red?

lilyfrog what was the solution

[QUOTE=bgeery;10733]I had something similar happen when I was adding side l/r turn signals to my GEM. I think it means one of your turn signal bulbs is burnt out or disconnected. Check that first.[/QUOTE]

Brent where did you mount the side turn signals? got a photo?

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;13489]Brent where did you mount the side turn signals? got a photo?[/QUOTE]

send me your email and I can send you pictures

[QUOTE=ricci1;13490]send me your email and I can send you pictures[/QUOTE]

Feel free to post them here if you like. Iā€™m sure other members like myself would be interested at looking at them. :photo:

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;13489]Brent where did you mount the side turn signals? got a photo?[/QUOTE]

how do i post a picture

[QUOTE=ricci1;13492]how do i post a picture[/QUOTE]

You must have the photo hosted online or use an existing photoā€™s URL to post it. For online storage I would suggest - Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing | Photobucket or Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing From the help area hereā€¦

[B]How do I add an image to a post?[/B]

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the ā€˜Attachment Iconā€™ and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the ā€˜Insert Imageā€™ icon or by typing after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums in this way too.

I fixed the problem this morning. It was a bad connector from the front wiring harness up to the front end . The connector is located down by the horn. It had a short in it took it out and wired them direct.

BTW, if you want to attach a photo or other graphic file, you can use the ADVANCED message menu instead of Quick Reply. Down near the bottom under Additional Options is a ā€œManage Attachmentsā€ section which allows attaching photos, documents or PDFs to the posting.

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;13489]Brent where did you mount the side turn signals? got a photo?[/QUOTE]Sorry for the delay, but the forum didnā€™t send me notice that I had a reply waiting.

Here are the only shots of the tail, turn, and side marker lights I added to my GEM.