Turn Signal Help 2001 E825

New here to this forum.
Just bought a 2001 E825 2 seater.

The turn signals do not flash. They come on but do not flash.
I changed the flasher unit/relay on it but still won’t flash.
Looking at the wiring diagram the power comes from the Acc. fuse (3A) to the flasher.
From the flasher to the Turn Signal Module (that I assume is in the instrument cluster) which I think is the Turn signal assy. in the steering column.

Kinda confused on this, power is going to and through the flasher module to the turn signal assy and out to the the lights. they come but don’t flash…

Could it be that I just bought a bad flasher?
Or is there more to this. Could it be in the turn signal assy?

It’s not that big a deal to me, but this vehicle is in primo condition for as old as it is and everything else works perfectly. I just bugs me that this is the only thing that is wrong with this.

I have the repair manual with all the wiring diagrams in it and it seems so simple of a circuit.
I must be just missing something.

If it is the turn signal assy, then I may purchase a new one. But before I drop the money on one I would like to know for sure.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Mike

OK.
After reading every single thread here that had to do with turn signals I gleaned enough information from the threads to check a few things when I got home from work.
It appears that the previous owner changed the front turn signal lights to LED as well as the back lights.
Standard flasher relay won’t work because there is not enough current draw to make it change states.
So I went and bought another flasher unit. This time it was an electronic version.
Hooked it up, and now have turn signals.

Thanks to anyone who thought about answering the post. Seems like this problem is not common but in some ways it is.

Mike

My flashers don’t work at night but i seldom drive it at night…ie w lights on flashers don’t flash. BTW where is the the module located?

On mine, which is a 2001.
The flasher module is located under the front dash board on the passenger side of the vehicle.
The dashboard is has Velcro on the cabin side and there is two screws on the outside just below the windshield.
This will remove the dashboard and make all the wiring accessible.
The problem I found with mine was the previous owner changed the tail/brake/tyrn signal lights in the back to LED, and the two turn signal lights in the front to LED.
The LED don’t provide enough current to make the original flasher work. I had to go and buy an electronic one for LEDs. That worked fine for me.

You just may need to change the flasher module. They cost about $7 depending on manufacturer. It just unplugs from the holder. Take it to the auto parts store and get a new one, plug it back in. Hopefully that is all you need.

I have the repair manual and parts manual for 1999-2004 GEM. If you need a copy, let me know. They are in PDF format I could e-mail them to you.

Good luck.

Mike

Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Easy switch to LED blinker module though had to pull top of dash. My blinkers were acting weird even before i went to LED rear bulbs.

Hi Mike:
Do you happen to know where is the indicator lights relay located - My GEM is a 2004 e-4
Thanks in advance.

It would be very helpful to have the manual which is applicable to a 2002 model. I recently purchased one that the guy had tried to put new lights on. With his bull in a china shop approach, all he did was to leave a mess. Nothing works. I am able to read electrical diagrams, so it will help.

jcrand1950@gmail.com Thank you, John

Hey mike what Electronic version did you buy to make your turn signals work?