Time to upgrade

Dang. I need to buy a half-shaft and a brake caliper. NEV accessories has half shafts, but it seems like no one has brake calipers. A couple of folks have posted looking for them in the last few years and it doesn’t seem like anyone has had any luck. Is this the end :cry:
:cry:

??? I think you should post pics of this.

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1909866856098945/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

Check with these guys

I believe Wilwood had/has one that will bolt up, you will probably have to call them and give them the specs on the caliper to match up. Another option is ~2000 era Suzuki 400 4x4 atv, they use the same steering knuckles so I believe those calipers should work but they are side specific, not universal like on gems. This is all assuming the your 2011 has the same suspension/brakes that my 2008 elxd does. If you try either of these, let us know how you make out - good or bad.

Rusty is in the club! Woohoo.

Did the same thing to my 2002 on a high speed turn right before i got to work. Saw the castle nut bounce across the road. Had time to formulate the though “that looks like my…” CRUNCH.

Walked to work came back with the forklift.

In my case it was years of the previous owners (bus mechanics) using impact guns on the cart

The 4 step program was developed soon after.

Thanks for the tips on where to go for the calipers. I will try all options.

I assume the four-step plan involves explosives or a high cliff or something like that?

I think that is step 2 or 3, but quickly followed by a rocket ride into a decaying orbit around the sun.

But that was before he realized your truck is a gen2. If you get too frustrated you could always still book the trip.

Jeremy Clarkson is my hero.

RPG rounds are kind of spendy though.

But you are close.

Well, i replaced the axle and put the screwy caliper back on and the eLXD is running ok… but i also gave up on it. On second examination, i think the screwy caliper might not have been from the cross-threaded screw, but rather the result of driving the van home a mile after the axle broke. I think the caliper might have been the only thing keeping the wheel from falling off completely. Axles are not supposed to break. I was clearly working the poor cart harder than it is supposed to be worked.

A dealership in South Carolina offered me a new E-Transit for $20K below asking price. So i flew down there and drove it back home to Maryland. My GEM adventure has sadly come to an end. Time to sell the eLXD.