The interior of the BMW i3

Not only have BMW introduce the latest electric vehicle technology in the BMW i3 but they have also used recycled materials where possible as well as wood supplies from Europe which are 100% sustainable. This is the latest trend in the EV market where green technology, efficiency savings and considered use of materials is grabbing the headlines.

The company has also been able to integrate some of the latest gadgets within the interior of the BMW i3 and we were wondering what catches your eye in the interior of the vehicle?

The initial impression I had of the interiors I saw varied depending on which World the car came with. The Mega World interiors seem a bit spartan for my tastes with all cloth (polyester) materials and no eucalyptus wood appointments or leather trim. The Giga World is my favorite with wood on the dash and leather trim on the door panels and seats to augment the polyester cloth. The Tera World has lots more leather, but again, my preference was with the Giga World interior. Overall, the interiors on all three trim levels (or “Worlds”) gives an impression of openess and lightness while retaining the renowned BMW level of quality. It will be interesting to see how well these interiors hold up over time using the sustainable materials BMW has chosen, and it will be exciting to see what future color and material selections will be available throughout the model line. BTW, we were informed that the NA market cars will not have a moon roof or sunroof as an option, since they will have a Range Extender and BMW wants to keep the weight down to at or below 2700 lbs.