Test Ford Think 6hp motor

Hi, my name is Dale. I recently purchased a Ford Think 2 seater. It was in storage for 20 years. Im in the process of restoring it. First the 6hp motor. Disassembled it, cleaned it up, put new brushes and bearing in the end plate. I would like to test the motor before going any farther. At the moment the motor is back in the Think and ready to test. Ive researched this online but there are many conflicting answers. Hopefully someone can lead me in the right direction. Ive checked continuity between field connections and then again for the armature connections. All seem ok there per online advice, also from fields to the motor chassis, no continuity, also same for the armature connections. I just was to see it run before proceeding…
Thanks much.

Don’t second guess yourself. You can always come back to the motor if there is any other issue.

Many times there are unintended consequences when shortcuts are performed in the name of “just want to see it run”.

Where are you with the rest of the car?
Do you have batteries?

Hello, i have disassembled most everything in the rear of the cart, sand blasted the control arms, axles, brake backing plates and small parts. Primed and painted everything then reassembled everything including new wheel cylinders and brake hoses and new air shocks. Disassembled the motor, cleaned it thoroughly, installed new brushes and bearing, reassembled it then bolted it to the newly cleaned and painted transaxle.
I have also purchased a new DC to DC converter, new master cylinder and cluster bypass device, all of which i have not yet installed. I just wanted to make sure the motor ran before proceeding but, not necessary i guess. Im just doing a restoration of this project.
Next,I will be moving to the front end of the Think to redo eveything there.

As far as batteries, i have been researching using lithium batteries.
This may be too much detail but this is where im at with the project.
Thank you much…