Tesla Model S

I am lucky enough to have a Tesla dealership with in a 20 min drive of my house, and I received an email from Tesla stating that they have them now in their show rooms.

I decided to take a trip to the dealership and inspect this beautiful car. When I got there, it was sitting right in the window of the dealership so I hurried on in and was greeted by the cars platform on one side of the show room (suspension, wheels, battery pack, controller, and the motor) and on the other side there was the completed car. After much drooling over the platform, one of the employees took me for a “tour” of the new car. showed me the key, and unlocked the car by walking towards it (with the nifty handle popping out) opened the door, and sat down, closed the car door, and was greeted by a nice solid thud from the door, lush interior and a massive center display. As soon as my butt hit the seat the car powered up (Projector HID’s came to life, the main Gauges came up, and the center console started up). The seats were comfortable, the steering wheel had a great feel to it with great hand position (I race cars so that to me is very important) and the interior felt like it was put together well. (If an Audi/Mercedes was a 10 for build quality, this would be a 9-9.5)

The center console with the all touch controls was pretty sleek, and it is nice that you can control almost every aspect of the car from there. From Internet radio, GPS using google Maps, rear view camera, windows, climate control, almost everything.

After futzing around with the toys in the front I had to make my way to the back seat, and was surprised by a few things…

1. Leg room… and lots of it. I am not all that tall, but I like to slouch when sitting in a car (yea I know I shouldn’t) and even with slouching There was still plenty of leg room.
  2. There is room for the middle passenger to put their feet! There is no transmission hump, so it’s a flat floor going across the surface of the vehicle, really weird, but also it really opens up the feel of the car.

I got out after checking that all out and make my way around to the trunk and they had the 2 rear facing seats back there (god I wish I was a kid again to be able to ride in the back)

All in all, it is a PRETTY car with a bunch of little neat innovations and it’s all electric. I can’t wait to go and test drive one when they have some available for test drive. I would absolutely use one as a daily driver, and I cant wait to see where else they go in terms of upgrades, and improvements.

Very interesting. Will they be allowing test drives? When does yours arrive? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=LuvMyTJ;12828]Very interesting. Will they be allowing test drives? When does yours arrive? :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, they will be allowing test drives. I won’t be getting one any time soon, unless my boss sees fit to give me a large raise. (Probably not going to happen lol)

[QUOTE=FEUS;12819]I am lucky enough to have a Tesla dealership with in a 20 min drive of my house, and I received an email from Tesla stating that they have them now in their show rooms.

I decided to take a trip to the dealership and inspect this beautiful car. When I got there, it was sitting right in the window of the dealership so I hurried on in and was greeted by the cars platform on one side of the show room (suspension, wheels, battery pack, controller, and the motor) and on the other side there was the completed car. After much drooling over the platform, one of the employees took me for a “tour” of the new car. showed me the key, and unlocked the car by walking towards it (with the nifty handle popping out) opened the door, and sat down, closed the car door, and was greeted by a nice solid thud from the door, lush interior and a massive center display. As soon as my butt hit the seat the car powered up (Projector HID’s came to life, the main Gauges came up, and the center console started up). The seats were comfortable, the steering wheel had a great feel to it with great hand position (I race cars so that to me is very important) and the interior felt like it was put together well. (If an Audi/Mercedes was a 10 for build quality, this would be a 9-9.5)

The center console with the all touch controls was pretty sleek, and it is nice that you can control almost every aspect of the car from there. From Internet radio, GPS using google Maps, rear view camera, windows, climate control, almost everything.

After futzing around with the toys in the front I had to make my way to the back seat, and was surprised by a few things…

1. Leg room… and lots of it. I am not all that tall, but I like to slouch when sitting in a car (yea I know I shouldn’t) and even with slouching There was still plenty of leg room.
  2. There is room for the middle passenger to put their feet! There is no transmission hump, so it’s a flat floor going across the surface of the vehicle, really weird, but also it really opens up the feel of the car.

I got out after checking that all out and make my way around to the trunk and they had the 2 rear facing seats back there (god I wish I was a kid again to be able to ride in the back)

All in all, it is a PRETTY car with a bunch of little neat innovations and it’s all electric. I can’t wait to go and test drive one when they have some available for test drive. I would absolutely use one as a daily driver, and I cant wait to see where else they go in terms of upgrades, and improvements.[/QUOTE]

Great looking Car! Never heard of the maker till now thanks for the review

take a look at the info on them, I’ll be doing a test drive hopefully soon i just need the time to get out there and take one for a spin.

[QUOTE=FEUS;12965]take a look at the info on them, I’ll be doing a test drive hopefully soon i just need the time to get out there and take one for a spin.[/QUOTE]

The Specs look awesome, can you keep me informed on how the test drive and the purchase go/

[QUOTE=SolarJoe;13025]The Specs look awesome, can you keep me informed on how the test drive and the purchase go/[/QUOTE]

not likely to purchase one any time soon I’m not that wealthy, but I definitely intend to drive one. A friend of mine works for Tesla :loco:

Well for those with the cash to spend on a Tesla Model S, here’s the reviews on the vehicle for a more informed decision

Hm, I have toyed with the idea of getting an electric car for some time now. I simply like the idea of EVs etc. That said, the human animal (me included!) is a lazy one, with a great love of comfort and convenience…:decision:

Which gets me to my point - I read BBC’s story on the just erupted “Twitter war” between Tesla and New York Times about driving range!:eek: I have to say, this got me doubting getting an EV, at leas for now… I live in London, so it would be great, but I do make long journeys regularly as well. So, which EVs ARE really the best at the moment? Or shall I wait some more? Practical help/advice most appreciated:)