Tesla Funding -Googles $40 million - Ebay and paypal?

I was doing a reading on Tesla Motorsports and found many articles referencing to this start up company getting $40,000,000 million dollars from the wealthy co-founders of Google, Larry Page and Sergey. Until this funding Google co founders were driving the Honda Prias. I am sure they received one of the very first cars off the production line. The company had many other wealthy partners including one of ebay first employees of ebay Jeff Skoll and of coarse PayPals co-founder Elon Musk. No wonder this company is a huge success. They always say if you want to be successfull surround yourself with successful people. Just thought is was interesting how much google ebay and paypal have a financial interest in so many ventures. I hope green technology is more of big corporations interests.

well 40 million buys you some privileges :smiley:

i would of thought this forum would be much more active than it appears

Although I have my doubts that their financial backing is solely due to environmental concerns, whatever their reasoning is it is a move in the right direction. As far as they’re concerned, it’s a way to get in on the bottom floor of a company that HONESTLY wants to grow the EV market and be a market leader in that niche.

I have but one question, why is the Tesla Roadster its own section instead of a thread within the Production car section on this forum?

I thought it would get alot of talk about it but I was wrong I will move the thread.

thx

Me too, it’s one of my favorite electric cars.

What I did on my forum (http://wattintheworld.phpbb24.com/) was create a section called the “Electric Car database” in which users can post info on electric vehicles, but because there are only 2 active users (including myself), the posts are very small and not as informative as I’d like them to be.

Is there a SPAM button here?

[QUOTE=parts68;2952]Is there a SPAM button here?[/QUOTE]

yea, click on the “report post” button.

If they only got one, $40,000,000 is a lot of money for a car :slight_smile:

Seriously though, I just saw pictures of the Tesla which is why I started searching and found this place. I sincerely hope one day I win the lottery and can buy one.

Google helps lots of companies and new start up companies. Tesla is a wonderful machine, wish I could afford it!!

now Mercedes-Benz also has invested in tesla.

If you haven’t driven one or at least sat in one… you need to. This car will revolutionize vehicles just like Apple revolutionized the cell phone.

#KWYD

Is there anyone already buy this car? how about the driving?

+1 :slight_smile: g1 bro