Switching to AGMs? GEM 2016 and up

I have a complete original mounting system for AGM batteries including cables, base mount (holds batteries and bolts to frame) hold downs bolts etc…. The batteries are not included. $150. The Villages, Central Florida.

Photos upon request.

1 Like

People will need their car reflashed in order to be able to run properly on AGMs without killing them

1 Like

Maybe one of you can help
We are in The Villages with a 2008 e2.
We’re about to plunk $1800 on 6 AGM 135 ah switching from flooded
We assumed just install and go.
The size looks ok
Can anyone clue us in about flashing?
Thanks
We are absentee and want something lower maintenance and more reliable
Thanks for any help

Edit, this thread was for 2016 .
Your polaris sw charger will not have an agm setting.
Someone needs to load generic sw and agm profile.
Imo, spend the money on a Samsung sdi-22 battery.
End the nonsense of learning care and feeding of lead batteries.
They are dying from the minute they leave the factory. All you can do is prolong the agony.
A purpose built lithium battery for your car is forever.
Plus it installs easier. One piece 120lb. Just connect the two battery cables. No inter-cell jumpers to worry about.
321308029_5488748667896199_5231369429773605600_n

2 Likes

Don’t do it. Flooded setting is close but wrong setting kills agms.
Polaris has gel setting, but then you get near the $2750 cost of a sdi high performance battery.

Imho

1 Like

I’m pro lithium.
I’ve converted plenty of cars, @Inwo’s pack is the most plug and forget battery you can get.
Your gem will love it, the weight reduction + the lithium higher discharge rate makes your car funnier zippier, quicker. In other words it’s like a new car

1 Like

Funnier… You mean like a clown ?

1 Like

Or as we say. “makes it JR’ier”

Thanks all

The AGM supplier sez we’d need to rent an interface and re program the charger

If ‘it’s only money’ we will opt for that SDI hopefully we won’t need to re write history

And change chargers?

Any suggestions for battery supply?

Do we need to park outside like they told us to do with our bolts?

Maybe we could squeeze a few extra furlongs if stacked a few of these Samsungs in the frunk of our rivian………

No one can do that, as Polaris version DQ chargers are locked.
You can send your charger to one of the guys on here.
They would install Generic sw. There is no going back.

Your call. I do not take special precautions myself. Even lead powered and ice cars can catch fire.

My SDI battery is $2750 + $200 UPS.
Nothing else needed.
Your charger will work by only plugging in a new thermistor spoof. Or I will reprogram your charger no charge.
I’m building one as we speak to ship tomorrow. I should have time to finish one more. Worse case ship Monday.
Payment Zelle, Venmo, Check, Paypal cash.

sam 22s on shelf
Sdi-22 connections

Top picture example of install between rear frame rails.
Two wire connections only B+ and B-
Vinyl cover included.

@bike123.com - The SDI22 is a great pack for a 08 e2. It fits in the center section under the seat and backwards (using the floor space of 4 batteries).

The only thing you need to do is build a deck to make it one big surface. I rad a couple of blocks down into the tray for support. It looks something like this-

The notch in the front is to clear the park brake brace and the cut out of the lengthwise runners is to clear the main frame cross member.
You don’t have to do it like this (just the way I did mine). I’ve seen it as simple as two rails running front to back and the battery sits on that and slides in.

Depending on what you have on the back of the car, it really helps if you remove the spat/rear fenders for this install to slide in from the back.

If you are still on the fence, this pack will get you more usable range out of your car, but it gets you into the High Voltage Club. These cars LOVE the higher voltage. Accel is greatly increased and if you bump up the speed limiter the car runs faster without issues.

2 Likes

I’m heading up to the villages this weekend to deliver an extended range lithium pack. I can bring you a Samsung battery. Will save you shipping charges. Also if you need any programming can do it at that time.

I forgot to ask where you were. I partner with @LithiumGods in Fl.
You can save $200, plus get his expert help with reprogramming etc.
Ask him about added support for locals.

We have the car in the villages
We will be there april 24-30
Email best:
larry@bike123 d o t c o m

Ok
We will be in Florida april 24-30
larry@bike123 dot co m

My 2018 GemCar was in the shop at my local dealer in Leesburg FL when the Allied Lithium Batteries I installed in 2021 caught on fire. Luckily, one of the dealer service guys detected the fire and called the Fire Dept. The Fire Dept. was able to put out the fire before the heat damaged any of the structural or body parts of the cart. So, my wife said no more lithium! The dealer also would not re-install lithium in my cart, so I went with AGMs. I now have an extra Allied Lithium battery charger if anyone needs one.

Do you have any pics of this event?
What actually caught on fire?
What did Allied have to say about this?
What was the cart in the shop for?