Suggestions for Battery Conversion and more speed on 2015 E2

I’m thinking going from the Deka Gels to these Lifepo4 will make a huge difference.

• Shedding approximately 280lbs
  • Running Voltage between 87V and 95V
  • My understanding is Lithium is much less “saggy” under load than lead.
  • All modules fit under front seat.
  • Easily viewable/accessible if I need to check em.

I’m excited to see it in action!

I’ve read I don’t need a BMS which is a good thing I suppose, but I’m a little bummed the Chargery 24s stops at 24 cells. Would have been cool to have a new “gadget” read-out for each cell on a nifty looking screen in the cart !

Oh well ! I can’t have it all!

You can add a 32s Bluetooth bms with an LCD display pretty easily.
Less money than the Chargery, but a longer learning curve.

Hot damn!

Once I get bored (and the honey-do list runs out), that will be my next tinker project to upgrade the GEM with :slight_smile: .

The Chargery unit is pretty sweet looking with the blue anodized box and the color display though !

Is that the unit I’ve seen rumblings about unreliable bluetooth?

Is the LCD screen wired, or is it bluetooth connected to the main board?

I currently have 4, Gem 2014’s in the garage . 3 E4’s and one E2 . They are the same as a 2015 . I have done 2 Lifepo4 conversions (like the one you are doing ) and one Bolt conversion . So it is safe to say I have some experience here .

You are going to love your Gem when you do this ! The 2014’s have the suspension upgrade that makes them ride much nicer . So when you remove all that weight the ride is still nice . I even run 35psi in the tires and it still rides great .

25 cells work great, 26-28 are a little better . But in an E2 on level ground you wont notice much difference . I have never run 24 cells but if your not looking for super long range , I’m positive they would work well . Much better then the lead batteries . So if you really want to use your chargery , you can do it.

Still time to change configuration.
I’m charging five 5s modules in parallel and 3 cells on discrete chargers.
When all are full, they get connected in 28s to see if all the 3.6v balance leds come on.
Finally, I will strap a single cell to three of the 5s modules.

MVC-014F

My guy will deliver first part of Dec. His words.
Is it worth waiting for personal delivery?

Nope, I’m going to stay with the 2x5, 3x6 configuration. The main place I need the extra juice is on the ride to and from the course and that does have grade.

I don’t think I’m patient enough to wait until first part of Dec :smile: Im going to have to take my chances with UPS I think. The uship bids so far have been very high!