Stereo Antenna Options

Hey guys. I have a overhead radio and been trying to find a good low maintenance antenna for the radio. I didn’t want to stick an antenna out the top of my roof because I trailer my Gem once and a while and need the clearance. Currently I have the hide away antenna that requires power. The radio works for about 2 mins the goes fussy.

What does everyone use? I connected the hideaway to the power antenna on the radio, you think that i wired it wrong?

Thoughts.

Thanks in advance

You doubting google?

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enSG825US826&biw=1522&bih=714&tbm=shop&ei=bWByXPqBCIje-gTRy5eAAQ&q=am%2Ffm+Amplifier+Antenna&oq=am%2Ffm+Amplifier+Antenna&gs_l=psy-ab.3…11228.12973.0.13495.6.6.0.0.0.0.138.686.1j5.6.0…0…1c.1.64.psy-ab…0.2.252…0i13k1.0.Fjfo1o9_UDY

Here’s some without power injected.

Thanks, yes I have googled. However I have read that some people heard feedback from the batteries and was just looking for insite as to what other people use.

Thanks for all the options. I have the power hideaway currently and it only seems to work for 2 mins.

Ya even on the newest Gems have the same issue when you increase the throttle. Sometimes the older style antenna is ugly but works best.

As well you could try a small 12v battery for the radio memory and antenna amplifier and see if that isolates the interference from the main pack.

I decided to rewire the hide away power antenna. I hade it hooked to the antenna wire on the wire harness. After thinking I that radio powered the antenna for a short time and then cut off, like the old school antennas to move it up and down. After moving that power lead to the power lead on the radio the radio has worked and hasn’t cut out.

Just got everything back from the paint shop today and have had the same thoughts about antennas with a overhead console. I am installing a Joying 8” screen that has a single din receiver on a separate stand alone battery. For the antenna I decided on a powered shark fin that does GPS/Sirius/am-fm & digital. Will update once I get installed and everything working.