Specifications

Read all about the latest specs of the Chevy Volt here

Added to the specifications shoud be a description of operation
The Volt is the same as a 100% Electric (BEV) for the first 40-50 miles. It can be driven day after day never touching a drop of gas. The most range of any PHEV and completely different than plain Hybrids that can’t really go anywhere with out using gas.

PHEV Definition
A PHEV shares the characteristics of both a conventional hybrid electric vehicle, having an electric motor and an internal combustion engine (ICE); [B][U]and of an all-electric vehicle, having a plug to connect to the electrical grid. [/U][/B]

The Volt is really two cars in one. It can be 100% Electric or 100% Gas or a mix of both. The choice is yours to make. For some of us this is the best of both worlds and worry free driving. Be as green as you can without sacrafice or worry because “Life Happens” and some things are out of our control.

Hi Jljeeper

I think you will be interested in our recent article about the Chevrolet Spark 2014:-

Is Chevrolet taking a loss on the Chevrolet Spark 2014

I am not sure I believe the figures quoted by some “in the know” but so far there has been no official comment from Chevrolet.

Regards,

Mark

Intelligent discussions about cars, auto detailing, car maintenance, modification, wheels, car audio, photography, motorsports, and motoring life.