Seats

Every ad I see for seat covers or “uphostery replacement sets, not slip-over covers”. mention years 1999-2004 only. What’s the difference between those years and my 05 eS? :confused2:

They upgraded the car in 2005.

Hey Houseboater,
I know they did, but what’s different about the seats? They look the same. :noidea:
Even if they are different… who sells the 05 to present? :confused2:

Well, I found the answer… there is no difference in the bench seats up to current year.

At least on my 01 short bed, the seat is a “bench” seat. I believe later they went to individual seats on some models. By the way, I’d probably use a local upholstery shop which I’d think would be a safer bet than buying a generic “replacement set”. You’d be able to get precisely the color and grade of materials you wanted instead of being limited to option “A”, “B” or “C”. Don’t know about relative cost though.

Al

[quote=ARandall;22257]At least on my 01 short bed, the seat is a “bench” seat. I believe later they went to individual seats on some models. By the way, I’d probably use a local upholstery shop which I’d think would be a safer bet than buying a generic “replacement set”. You’d be able to get precisely the color and grade of materials you wanted instead of being limited to option “A”, “B” or “C”. Don’t know about relative cost though.

Al[/quote]

Hey AL,
yes, I realize I didn’t make myself very clear, sometimes I think people should be able to read my mind. :smiley: I was referring to bench seats on the e2, eS models. And found out they are indeed all the same through the current year. Don’t know why in all the ad’s I see they say 99-04.
Anyway, you’re right about using an upholstery shop. I found a guy local that is doing mine for $150. I’ll have them back on Monday. Can’t wait to get this car finished, so far I’ve put in new batteries, converter, charger, 16" wheels and new tires. Next month it will be a new 9hp motor then we’ll see about paint. :rolleyes:
cheers,
John