GEM eS Seat Cover replacement

Anyone have a source for replacement seat covers? I’ve checked the usual sources with no success.
I have an '09 eS.
Thanks.

hi Rozinante… you can take it to any upholestry shop and get it recovered…
I had mine done for about $150… there was a guy in AZ who was making seat covers a while back on craigslist… haven’t seen his post lately… check nevaccressories.com they have them… follow the link

GEM 2-PASS SEAT COVERS-NEV ACCESSORIES

Bob

Anyone have a source for replacement seat covers? I’ve checked the usual sources with no success.
I have an '09 eS.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Our '05 needs new covers as well. I’ll look for a source.

Daniel

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;11332]check nevaccressories.com they have them… [/QUOTE]

I saw those. The ad says “machine washable” so I sent an email enquiry about fabric. I can’t imagine vinyl being machine washable. I’ve received no reply.

I’ll check with local auto upholstery shops.

Rozinante… I don’t know if you are in an area where there are a lot of GEM and other NEVs on the road… in Denver I’m one of 3 and the other 2 aren’t driven as much as I drive mine… I took my car to 3 shops for prices and the guys all wanted the job… they were close on price the guy who got it could do it in a day… when I got my soft doors I went back to him to have them installed as well… he’s on a busy street… think the car parked in front may have got him more business…

Bob

[QUOTE=Rozinante;11374]I saw those. The ad says “machine washable” so I sent an email enquiry about fabric. I can’t imagine vinyl being machine washable. I’ve received no reply.

I’ll check with local auto upholstery shops.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have a source to buy an 02 GEM rear seat bottom and a front driver’s seat bottom? Someone from this forum contacted me last year to inform me that there is a guy in downstate NY that has a bone yard full of them. Reach out to me if you can help! Thanks. Jon Cullinan jwyliec4n@aol.com or thru Facebook. Thanks agaiin

NEV accessories has replacement vinyl covers available. they are new material not a universal cover. It says 99 to 04 years, in different colors.

In looking to get my seats recovered i went with the ones from NEV. Just receieved them and although i knew there were not covers as they are advertised as OEM upololstry ones, they are not great. Not only do they need a professional to sew missing parts onto them to install them they do not conform the the seat curves. Its basically just a flat bench and not how the foam is sits where your bottom goes. I will probably keep my old one on and then use a cover from seat covers unlimited and see how that goes. I have to eat the shipping both ways which is a little over $50 total which sucks but live an learn. I sent and email to Ivan there, who is probably on this site i assume, to let him know his site information is a little misleading.

Anyone have any other successes with cover purchases?

i have personally done multiple bench seat cover installations of the NEV covers with no issues at all. pretty simple install, I use a really thin plastic bag around the foam to help the new covers slide right on over the foam, it is a little tricky to get the hard plastic closure snapped but i have found using a stubby flat blade screwdriver will do the trick.
never had any need to have anything sewn.

There is no plastic j hook straps. Only material. I thought it would be a replace by as original but it’s not. It’s obviously a poorly made copy. Again no stitching in the seat bucket area to form contours etc. No backing material. Not plastic sewn in j hooks. Nada. Funny too as NEV has not responded to my problem on email yet. A little shady.

This guy has a boneyard in Scottsdale–you may want to contact him

So as i mentioned above, i tried to use the one from NEV but it sucked and was way basic and incomplete for over $200 with shipping. Returned but ate shipping both ways. Through some local recommendations as we have two lakes near us, although about empty as i am in California, for boat upholster. I had to wait a over a month to get in line, but he fit me in between a few jobs or it would have been into October. It cost me $475 cash. A little more in cost overall but even using NEV cover i would have had to go to an upholsterer to finish it and i am sure i would have dropped another $100 to use it. So that would have probably ran me over $300 plus as it needed some foam repair as well

and would have a basic stock gray cover. Now i have this! Much more custom and well worth the extra money. Plus supporting local business.

1 Like

That turned out great! The whole rig looks great.

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate it. It’s been fun