Sceptics question Tesla’s affordable vehicle project

When Elon Musk, the chief executive officer of Tesla Motors, announced plans for a new affordable electric vehicle within four years this certainly grabbed the headlines. He has a target price of between $30,000 and $40,000 and believes this project is viable in the short term. However, sceptics are now starting to question the plan and the project.

Do you think that Elon Musk will eventually introduce an affordable electric vehicle?

I think there’s a good chance he’ll make it happen. As for the skeptics, whenever anyone announces some new plan or goal you can count on an immediate reaction of “it can’t be done”, “that’s imposible”, “he doesn’t know what he’s talking about”. If we throw up our collective hands every time a skeptic chimes in , we’d still be scratching animal carvings on cave walls.

Hi Sugarmaker

I think you have hit the nail on the head - if we don’t try and push the envelope we will never progress.

I remember Sir Clive Sinclair and his C5 electric vehicle (back in 1985), they all laughed at him but he was well ahead of the game and probably too early - the style and look was all wrong but he was moving along the right lines.

We should not mock or criticise those who push technology and try new things.

Regards,

Mark