Rubber motor bumper

the offical
ge 1001-oem sell for 2.50 /ea at buggies gone wild . just ordered 5 to evaluate .

This one?
https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=3131M&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvo_qBRDQARIsAE-bsH9Qr7ngxINSJdUgSCacNChts1zeTJxACPa9TPyKRz1B8x3aMroM9QQaAiJbEALw_wcB

When I was ordering, I saw those too, the visual picture on those was the same as the polaris OEM bumper that ended up being part of my problems. So, I went with the other style, didn’t feel like wrecking a brand new R4F motor.

LMK if you want one of the 10-spline ones compare to, I’ll toss it in an envelope and send it to you.

please do so i can compare . will post what I find .

mike mccormick
1725 crayton rd
naples, fl 34102

2 on the way. Figured that way if you wanted to install one, you 'd still have a new / uncrushed one for measurements / comparisons.

9400 1096 9993 8638 1742 13

Adam ,

just got them . Thank you

Cool glad they made it

FWIW, my 2002 was knocking on accelerate/decelerate and put in a bumper from NEV Accessories listed compatible for 2002. It had splines around it which didn’t match the spline pattern shaft and I put a dime behind it as recommended. The knocks went away for only a day or two.

I eventually purchased 4 new bumpers which are smooth/round on the outside(no splines teeth) and match pretty closely to the one I had originally removed. I’ve not installed these new ones yet as I was planning on doing it after the lithium battery upgrade and when I swapped the 5HP motor for the 7.5HP one I bought 3 years ago from Rodney. Been holding off since I’m concerned my T1 controller won’t handle the added current demands of the 7.5HP. But that’s another story.

I’ll post a pick as soon as my phone has a change(left it off the charger over night).

where did you read that a dime is recommended? i changed mine and still have a little vibration when slowing down

in these forums. Did you search for “dime rubber”?

Not sure I’d trust one that only costs a dime…

1 Like

And this one looks just like the one which lasted only a day or two. Not sure if it is it but it looks like it.

http://www.bahamagolfparts.com/Club-Car-Electric-GE-Motor-Bumper_p_18985.html

When the new rubber bumper doesn’t fix the problem its time to look at the splines on the shaft and motor coupling. A new input shaft will usually cure the problem, How ever the motor coupling being worn contributes to the noise.

I have replaced motor couplings but my success rate was about 25%. Vibration being the problem, Especially on the long 5hp motors.

1 Like

My input Shaft spline looked good not worn I might need the coupler any info on where to get it ?!?

I used to replace to replace motor couplers. My success rate was about 25%, Vibration being the problem. I have 1 in my garage somewhere $100

In a message dated 9/16/2019 1:01:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

nice glad they made it

Any update is n what is the best bumper to get or which one to steer clear of?

I’m interested if it’s not too late