Retarded Polaris & GEM dealers

I happened to reach out to a local GEM dealer here and was unpleasantly surprised to find out how stupid they are. Dear is how our conversation went

Me; hey I’m having some issues with my car and was wondering if you could help me troubleshoot it
Dealer; what kind of batteries are in the car?
Me; FLA Group 31 US Battery Modle # USDC31XC
Dealer; those are not the recommended Gem Batterys!
Me: yes I know but I can assure you that all the batteries are in good working order and I have the correct voltage and I’m quite sure that not the problem.
Dealer; well I don’t know those batteries I have never heard of them and I don’t know what your problem could be.

At this point I’m saying to myself “of course you don’t know what my problem could be because I’ve only asked you to help me troubleshoot it and not told you what my problem is”

But I knew that statement would not help my cause. I just said to myself “oh no it’s one of these guys” You know the kind of parts dealer that requires a model & serial number year make and a sample of blood before he can sell you windshield wiper fluid. Yea one of thoes guys.
At this point I knew I wasn’t going to get any help from this dealership.

My dealer has no clue.

Yea I learned quickly that our local GEM dealer really doesn’t know much about GEMs and then mostly the more current model year. I’m sure there are a few really good dealers around but I suspect for most of them, it’s just a sideline to what they really want to sell.

I think you’re better off to just work on your GEM on your own or if you’re really fortunate, find a decent auto mechanic that doesn’t mind working on your quirky GEM. But then most mechanics don’t like electrical problems and that’s probably 90% of the problems a GEM has!!!

After a few months of owning a GEM I decided “If it is to be, it’s up to me”.

I found the most helpful thing for me as to blow up the electrical diagram beg enough to follow the circuits. It ended up on 4 8 1/2 X11 sheets. I made 3 sets and traced out the various functions with colored pencils.

If push came to shove I could hard wire around the DC/DC converter.