DC converter

Hey Guys I have the Orignal DC converter. It’s the PC board style and it’s broken. GEM had a factory re call on the DC converter that I have. Here is the problem. In my Aera Polaris has given me a list of GEM dealers that don’t seem to even know what a GEM car is. I need a dealer to enter my serial number into the data base and have Gem send them a DC converter and then install it. And the closest moble dealer will not drive to me. Anyone have any ideas

hi Gwest… I really like Lee at Gem Car Parts Direct | The Nations #1 Source for Gem Car Parts… Beck Chrysler…888-677-4961… he has always been fair with me and knows GEM cars and GEM car policies… as for doing the work I would think any local garage can do it for you… ask Lee about a manual should you not have one… on the website there should be one for your car that can be downloaded… check that first… if you have a problem tell Lee and he probably will download one and send it or will send you a PDF…

Bob

I found a guy to come out and replace my converter.
Holister Power sports has a mobile Gem guy. I have him my info and he card me when the converter came in and then drove like 150miles to come install it. He charged me $145 for the drive time but that was more then worth it to me.
He came out and saw my gem and how modified it was and gave me the option of me installing it! He showed me
Where the wires went and I was good to go.

Surprising to see any of those old convertors still out there. All four of ours were replaced a decade ago. Two caught fire from rain getting under the dash.

Daniel

Here is the PC style boat that got the recall