Recharging at work

Hello! I am a student working to develop a business model that would provide a mobile electric vehicle charging service to employees in office buildings. If you have an electric/hybrid car, you can get recharged while you work, and you can park anywhere!
It would help me so much if you would provide some feedback about how much you would be willing to pay per kWh/driving mile for a service that I have described. Thank you!

A) $.10 per kWh ($.03 per driving mile)
B) $.25 per kWh ($.09 per mile)
C) $.35 per kWh ($.12 per mile)
D) none of these

Sadie

Welcome to the Forum

We don’t allow duplicate posts. Feel free to edit your remaining post into the poll you had in the other one.

It would be interesting, to many of us, if you might elaborate a bit on your self, your goals what led you to get in this fast developing field. People like yourself are driving the future of this technology. The next 20 years are going to be awesome.

Rodney

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;27732]Sadie

Welcome to the Forum

We don’t allow duplicate posts. Feel free to edit your remaining post into the poll you had in the other one.

It would be interesting, to many of us, if you might elaborate a bit on your self, your goals what led you to get in this fast developing field. People like yourself are driving the future of this technology. The next 20 years are going to be awesome.

Rodney[/quote]

So sorry about that. Did you take my other post down so I am now in compliance?

Yes go ahead and edit this one to include your poll. I believe this will stir some interest

Hi Sadie

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Personally anywhere up to the higher figure would seem cost effective for me - it would still be a fraction of the cost of gasoline/petrol.

Regards,

Mark

I applaud your project but bear in mind the need for this service will diminish quickly. In less than 5 years 100 to 200 mile range will be the norm. Unless your rates would be less than the rates the owner is paying at home. It may be a hard sell. Also the normal work day is during peak power rates.

IMHO in 5 years Plugin Hybrids will probably predominate in vehicles that have a round trip travel of 30+ miles to work.

You need to look at it from all sides.

Rodney

I agree, with the coming changes to EV, this particular business model will likely start becoming unprofitable after five years. This plan is only projected to last the five years, and then the plan would be to sell the model and structure to a competitor.