Rear window

Wouldn’t say it looks good, but it works well.:o

If I leave it that way, paint will go a long way.

Have a new window and trim coming. Then I can choose.

You Goof Ball :wink: hey the Gem Factory trim does exactly what that Aluminum piece did for you. It creates a Lip or Ledge for the factory window to mount up and into. I have a Extra piece if you need it. That way you can throw that piece of aluminum away.

Thanks, I’ll wait to see what factory looks like. Can’t see how it can hold window in if it’s just glued to to 1/2" of plastic roof.
And if it’s not 2" wide. it wouldn’t cover enough rubber to hold. Takes a lot of pressure to hold top in place.

Didn’t do anything that’s not reversible when I get the new parts.

Sounds like your window is way to big and its bending in the middle causing you to need that Aluminum to hold it in. When the window is installed correct it doesn’t need the 2+inch its mabey 3 inch molding to hold the window in

Hope the new one fits. It may be the opening that’s small. I’ll just skip the rubber if it is.

I bought a new rear window and i had to cut / drill it to fit properly. Actually broke the first one! I used a scribe to mark the window with proper clearances then cut it with a grinder w/ metal cutting blade. Do not try and use a saw of any kind.

The new window comes with:
Top seal that fits onto window edge
Wide rubber trim from roof that over hangs window … Similar to the alum piece you made
Double stick tape to tape window in place on each side
4 screws
Thin rubber molding to cover side edge of window

Pm me if you need any help.
Jeff

I’m gun-shy now.

This one may stay in place a long time, before I cut a new one.

I’m thinking that I can modify the top seal instead of trimming window.

I opted to mount my Window this way.

I used Velcro instead of the double sided tape. (This way the window can be removed)
I then used the 4 provided screws to hold the window in (for security) I just didnt trust the Velcro 100%
Then I used the molding in the kit to cover the sides and hide the screws that hold the window in

The upside of using velcro is that the window can float or move around in the frame and NOT squeek

Here is the Acrylic rear window install instructions that I wrote at GEM back in the gold old days.