Rear window for 2002 Gem 4 seater?

Hello all.

Does someone make a replacement rear window that is completely sealed?

The problem we have is our Gem car is driven in winter and the stock rear window has open space at the bottom near the brake lights.

The rear window blew out when we put new batteries in it a week or so ago, maybe because of the added speed :slight_smile:

So we need to replace it anyway, would like to get one that is sealed so our security lady doesn’t freeze to death in the winter :slight_smile:

Thank You,

Bill Kennedy
Butler University Police Department
Indianapolis, Indiana

The GEM factory and Ride for Fun sell soft rear windows that mount with velcro strips. Make sure the window includes both halves of the velcro. The factory sells the tape as a separate number. These are inexpensive, removable in warm weather, and easy to replace. There are no air gaps around the window. All four GEMs on our campus now use these windows.

Daniel

Stevenson University Facilities

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;9420]The GEM factory and Ride for Fun sell soft rear windows that mount with velcro strips. Make sure the window includes both halves of the velcro. The factory sells the tape as a separate number. These are inexpensive, removable in warm weather, and easy to replace. There are no air gaps around the window. All four GEMs on our campus now use these windows.

Daniel

Stevenson University Facilities[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir!

I had seen those when I was searching and was curious if they would be sufficient, now I know!

Bill Kennedy

My neighbor recently purchased soft doors from Ride-4-Fun and it came with a rear window. The doors and the rear window were easily installed and he’s happy with the quality.

I know they sell the rear window seperatly - I’m thinking of getting the 2-passenger flavor for my GEM before this winter.