Overhead radio console

where did u get the overhead unit?

I got mine from Lee at GEM car parts direct/ Beck Chrysler… 888-677-4961

GEM Car Stereo Console

Bob

I got mine from ebay …I posted the dudes name on here somewhere …he bought out a ton of gem stuff when polaris bought them out …he has great prices …most everything is about 1/2 price from factory if he has it

the person on eBay is Lynn…

gemcarparts@yahoo.com

Bob

[quote=eS GEM Colo;17309]the person on eBay is Lynn…

gemcarparts@yahoo.com

Bob[/quote]

Th8s is not the person I got mine from…I think I only gave 90 plus shipping. He sales things for about 1/2 price off new and all the stuff is new in the box. Look in the “stickey” section

Hey it looks great im doing the same thing on my 09 but not sure what or where the power source comes from… I do have a breaker for the radio but its not really accessable …

I went to the power source and pulled a wire to the front of the car… I mounted a fuse block using a bolt that holds the window washing fluid… now I have easy access up to another 4 fusses… should I need them… I did this when I finally added power to my heated seats…

Bob

Painted mine with krayon plastic paint after sanding with 150 grit…attach with 6 pieces of two sided tape 2 inch long each. Then get some two part plastic epoxy dab it on thick in 6 areas and then put a strap arround the top of the rig and tighten snug fore a few days…

Put the 6x9s vertacal under the middle of the rear seats …use a dremel to cut the plastic after measuring and marking off the templet

Did you ever get or does anyone have any pictures of the consoles installed showing the bolts in the roof etc? I am trying to figure out the speakers as the 6.5s I have are about 3/4" too deep and the spacer rings look odd when I dry fitted everything. Has anyone found a good spo for a sub on an E2?

just in case anyone is using the search and wants to see another radio installation here is mine before going into the GEM, I will upload the finished project when I get everything drilled out.

I’m dying to see how to mount it… I tried tape… no radio or speakers and that didn’t work… I’m a klutz and really don’t want the screws to go out the top of the car… guess if I messed up I could always add a light bar

Bob

Hey guys, did anyone create a DIY for the 9v batt? I read all the calculations just wondering if anyone has a direct link to what is needed.

Also I noticed that someone mentioned “pulling power from the source” where is this source? Would I be able to use it for other things including heated seats?

[quote=cutom825;29008]Hey guys, did anyone create a DIY for the 9v batt? I read all the calculations just wondering if anyone has a direct link to what is needed.

Also I noticed that someone mentioned “pulling power from the source” where is this source? Would I be able to use it for other things including heated seats?[/quote]

Cutom… I took a wore from the main fuse panel to a fuse block that I mounted to a flange holding my windshield washer fluid… I have 8 more fuse locations… I do have heated seats and pulled the wire to a fuse there… not sure what else I have on the block but it’s a lot easier to get to than the one on the lower dash… I have an 05 eS truckette

I’ve seen chat about the 9v battery… not sure if it was here on in the NEV group on yahoo

Bob