Noobie Help needed for High Performance Project

Hi,

I’m looking to build an all electric rally car to compete in the British Rally Championship (I’ve already been given the nod to say we can enter such a car too!).

I’m looking to base it on a Peugeot 207 S2000 (4x4), obviously removing the old engine and other oily bits first. With motor & batteries, I would expect the car to weigh around 1000-1200kgs

I’m looking for the following performance:

0-60mph: about 5-6 seconds
Top speed: 120mph
Range: 50miles flat out + 100miles sedate road miles.
Batteries must be fairly easy to swap for fully charged ones at service (20 mins max allowed)

Would prefer 4x4, to handle the torque, especially on gravel.

Money is no object, so can anyone recommend a potential builder/supplier of motors/batteries etc…?

Cheers,

Ellya

eRally UK

[QUOTE=eRally;4138]Hi,

I’m looking to build an all electric rally car to compete in the British Rally Championship (I’ve already been given the nod to say we can enter such a car too!).

I’m looking to base it on a Peugeot 207 S2000 (4x4), obviously removing the old engine and other oily bits first. With motor & batteries, I would expect the car to weigh around 1000-1200kgs

I’m looking for the following performance:

0-60mph: about 5-6 seconds
Top speed: 120mph
Range: 50miles flat out + 100miles sedate road miles.
Batteries must be fairly easy to swap for fully charged ones at service (20 mins max allowed)

Would prefer 4x4, to handle the torque, especially on gravel.

Money is no object, so can anyone recommend a potential builder/supplier of motors/batteries etc…?

Cheers,

Ellya

eRally UK[/QUOTE]

50 miles? + 100 miles? you’re gonna need lifepo, and you’ll need to put in somewhere around 30-40 grand in batteries, for one pack. 120mph might be pushing it, but its doable.

I’d do an ac system, lifepo… but this is bleeding edge stuff, you’ll have to research a bit.

look at metricmind.com and their AC systems.

Hi Frodus,

I expected it to be bleeding edge and costly too! Luckily I can apply for a considerable government backed grant for clean motorsport. Plus with almost guaranteed TV coverage with the British Rally Championship, I should be able to make up the rest with sponsorship.

Many thanks for the links, I’ll certainly review those and make some calls.

The nearest thing I’ve seen so far is PML’s Mini QED project. I contacted them, however they won’t sell their motors as they are still developing them for direct sale to the ‘big’ car manufacturers 

If anyone else out there is has suggestions or able to build this beast then I’m all ears!

Cheers, Ellya