Newbie intro and question

I’ve been lurking around here for some time, and finally found the ‘perfect’ GEM (for me)
Its a '07 E2 with 500 original miles. According to the Seller, these Gold Edition cars were included
with the sale of Condominiums near LAX. I’ve never seen a Gold one before, so he may have been telling the truth(more on that later) It came with ‘new’ batteries and free delivery to my door, so I took a leap and now it’s mine. It’s licensed for the street(California LSV) and has a Title. Where I live there’s a loop about 2.5 miles, so of course I had to check the range. Starting with full battery SOC, I was able to go about 5 miles before the battery ‘bars’ suddenly dropped to 1 bar and Turtle mode. Checked individual batteries and 5 of the 6 are at 12.90 with one at 12.30. Checked all connections (they were clean and bright) and manually charged the low one to 13.5, then recharged the pack with the Delta charger . About 4 hrs later the display lit all the bars and led’s on Delta lit properly indicating charge completed. Test drove with same results(5 miles until Turtle)
Individual batteries tested approximately as before (one at 12.30)
One ‘odd’ battery has a “A-9” sticker and others I can’t see date stamp(I don’t know where to look)
Where should I start troubleshooting?

Welcome to the site.
I think I bought my gem from the same guy. I drove a gold two seater before I bought mine. He mentioned he was getting several, Same condo story. Small world!
You should be able to just replace the one battery that’s causing a problem. You can load test by blocking the cars wheels, applying the accelerator and checking the voltage drop. There’s a procedure in the manual. You should be able to get a manual on this site, just search.
Good luck and enjoy your cart!

1 Like

Thanks for reply-I’ll try the load test