Newbie 2009 e6 owner with 9 8v gel batteries not taking charge

I have a multi voltage 5-10 amp dumb charger that i would like to try and raise the voltage of the batteries within parameters of allowing built in charger to work. Its my understanding that due to cart having not been used for over 6 months voltage may have dropped below threshold of built in charger, i only want to bring up the voltage to about 68-70 volts where i beleive built in charger can work.

I did some research and understand gel batteries dont do well with the higher charging voltage of a standard charger, but was hoping if i charged all 9 batteries at 72v setting and at the lower 5 amps just long enough to get the voltage up. Any ideas on length of time or split up chargeing cycles in increments so as not to introduce boiling battery.

Also can not find wiring diagram as to where to attach leads for charging, i believe i should shut off mds breaker so as not to backfeed to controller. Can i hook charger by disconnecting output of existing charger and charging from those leads? Will of course chech atarting voltage and monitor till i achieve 68v then try the built in charger. Any in sight would be appreciated. Thanks johnny o

If you have a 72v setting just hook it up and monitor the voltage of each battery.
No need to disconnect anything.

It is 72v has 5 amp and 10 amp settings figured I’d start low at 5 amp so as not to boil battery i understand that there is a lower charging voltage with gel batteries and a standard charger charges at a rate a couple volts higher than gels can handle, but i figure at the lower amperage and monitoring all i need to achiev is getting voltage to where built in charger will recognize sufficient voltage to charge. I’m just not sure where to attach charging cables on car.

I have shop manual or wiring diagram.

I’m hoping where i connect charger 72v conection, is where i can monitor starting voltage and continue moitoring charge till i get to at least 68 volts where i believe on board charger should take over

I would suggest checking the voltage on batteries first to make sure batteries are below 12.6 volt threshold. Most smart chargers will not charge below 8-10 volts to protect battery. Also make sure ambient temperature is not an issue. The GEM smart charger has thermal limit to protect battery. Gel batteries can not accept high voltage charging as gel does not dissipate heat like liquid electrolyte batteries.

your charger will kick in by 60 volts not 68 . 68 is the voltage the controller needs to kick on.

charging your gels at 5 amps wont hurt them .